+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kasroberts View Post
    No, sorry if I wasn't clear, my kids are probably close to being on the bus the longest at 50 minutes.

Where in Queens are you? There are 4 different bus routes in Queens.
    I understood what you're saying. I'm in Hollis. Forest hills to Hollis is about 30 min with traffic or more. What but routes are available?

Quote Originally Posted by kasroberts View Post
    No, sorry if I wasn't clear, my kids are probably close to being on the bus the longest at 50 minutes.

Where in Queens are you? There are 4 different bus routes in Queens.
    Are there routes in bayside?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I understood what you're saying. I'm in Hollis. Forest hills to Hollis is about 30 min with traffic or more. What but routes are available?
    I'm not exactly sure where all of the routes go... you can email the bus coordinator: Qnsnestbuscoord@yahoogroups.com to find out more specifics.

I'm sure there are lots of kids are all boroughs.

I hope you had the chance to attend open houses for all the school you have in mind (blame DOE if you can't). I probably had school A B C D E in my mind. After seeing them in person, it is kind of like B A E C D now

Trust what you see. Good luck to all of us.

commute from eastern queens to Nest ?

Hi - does anyone know if there is any bus close to eastern part of queens .. close to 260 street.

Anyone have experience commuting from Eastern Queens (D25/D26) to Manhattan citywide?
    How is it for a Kindergartener to commute daily, and are there buses from NE Queens? How is the bus ride, if there is one?
    Trying to see if we should even list the manhattan schools, because even if we get a spot, I don't know if we could do the commute.

District 25 here. We were in your predicament last year and after trying out the commutes decided not to list any of the Manhattan schools. We are currently at Q300.

We live near the Grand Central and Astoria Boulevard and our commute by car still takes an average of 40 minutes in the morning just to get to Astoria. Morning traffic is heavy. Any bus will encounter the same difficulties. I would estimate a minimum 1.5 hour commute each way if you are planning on a bus from NE Queens to Manhattan. That's brutal. Also, remember that the schools don't excuse tardiness for private bus students. With that type of distance and accompanying traffic, expect your child to be late on a regular basis. This will cause problems with the schools.

The Manhattan schools for D25/26 only make sense if you're near the LIRR (and can take your child to school each day). Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend the commute.