+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know how many non-sibling K seats are in TAG, Brooklyn School of Inquiry and Queens PS/IS 300?

TAG tour guide didn't have definite number, but said should be around 45 seats available for non-sibling.

Q300 also doesn't have a definite number either, but said it should be very close to 50 (I assume 47 or 48).

I wasn't able to go to the Q300 open house, but I've heard great things. My son received a 98. Does that mean he has no chance of getting into Q300? It's the only citywide we'd have considered because we're in Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by Azma30 View Post
    I wasn't able to go to the Q300 open house, but I've heard great things. My son received a 98. Does that mean he has no chance of getting into Q300? It's the only citywide we'd have considered because we're in Queens.
    No harm listing the school, but I have not heard of anyone getting in with a score below a 99. The 1st year the school opened (with grades K and 1st), I believe 98s managed to get seats in the 1st grade (because there was a large # of seats and fewer qualifying students), but even then the K filled with 99s. Still, this year had far fewer 99s so you never know.

At Q300 open house, they told us about 7 siblings for K, so about 43 remaining.
    I don't know how, but a parent I met at the open house told me his friend's child got in with a 97 last year, non sibling.
    Maybe waitlisted? Maybe the child wasn't K? Not sure, but no harm in listing it.

For K at Q300 last year, I heard that only 99s (no sibling priority) were admitted. They didn't go that far down the wait list of 99s to fill the 2 K classes. But I agree that there is no harm in listing it high on your list if you have a 98. Also all 99s for Anderson and Nest+m.
    My child has a 98 and I wonder what her chances of getting into Lower Lab will be this year (no sibling priority).

Definitely not for K. I have friends whose children were waitlisted with 99s and never got in. This MIGHT be possible for the current 3rd grade because as the oldest grade it had the most vacancies to fill (but even then I'm skeptical). Definitely not a possibility for grade 1 or 2 (I don't believe grade 2 had any seats available last year at all).

If any one has any thoughts regarding the District 2 G & T programs in ps130, ps124 and ps11, please share them. We are D2/98 score no sibling priority. We are listing the city-wides and Lower Lab as the top 4 in our application but I realize our chances are small (though you never know). It seems we have a more realistic shot at the district G & T. We toured ps130, ps124, ps11 and ps33. As of now, it's a tie between ps130 and ps11, then we have ps124 and then ps33.

does anyone have any info on distrcit 20 ps 204 vs ps102?
    i can not decide which out put as my second choice

We're about 2 weeks out from getting the results. Can't stand this wait!