+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Awaiting for this... Do you know if you get an email and if there is a new application type on the DOE website?
    Thanks a lot! Best of luck to everybody!

Brooklyn School of Inquiry just opened up tour registration a few minutes ago:
    https://bsi686-grk_3_openhouse.youcanbook.me/

Thursday 4/20 & Friday 4/21 @ 8:45 am

Just called the DOE. First time! They asked me for my son's OSIS #, full name, grade, my full name and address. After all that I got this piece of info: early April! What a joke! I waited like for ever, she asked me for tons of info, to end saying the exact same info I can read online...

Quote Originally Posted by mppellegrini View Post
    Just called the DOE. First time! They asked me for my son's OSIS #, full name, grade, my full name and address. After all that I got this piece of info: early April! What a joke! I waited like for ever, she asked me for tons of info, to end saying the exact same info I can read online...
    that is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by uwsmommy View Post
    that is ridiculous.
    yet completely inline with DOE bureaucracy. This is why I don't understand why so many people get stirred up about charter schools replacing city run schools. Schools need to be more efficient and accountable

While we wait, we live in Bushwick.

Does anybody have any feedback about Nest +m, and The Anderson? Trying to figure out if the commute would be worth it...

Also, my oldest son (2012) is a Feb baby and my youngest son (2013) is an August baby. I read somewhere that results are prorated based on the kid's age and then Jan, Feb, March kids have to do almost perfect in order to score well. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks a lot!
    Mariela

Does anybody have any feedback about Nest +m, and The Anderson? Trying to figure out if the commute would be worth it...

Also, my oldest son (2012) is a Feb baby and my youngest son (2013) is an August baby. I read somewhere that results are prorated based on the kid's age and then Jan, Feb, March kids have to do almost perfect in order to score well. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks a lot!
    Mariela
    It's true, kids are scored according to the age bands that they are in.

Doesn't have to be perfect

Thanks a lot!
    Mariela

Kids born in the first quarter do need to score higher than younger kids. However, they do not need to answer all questions right to get 99.

For kids born in the first quarter the lowest number of OLSAT Verbal raw score is 25 (out of 30) to get 99. August baby needs 24 to get 99.

Lowest number of NNAT non-Verbal raw score is 37 (out of 48); August baby needs raw score of 34 to get 99.

Quote Originally Posted by bxdad View Post
    Kids born in the first quarter do need to score higher than younger kids. However, they do not need to answer all questions right to get 99.

For kids born in the first quarter the lowest number of OLSAT Verbal raw score is 25 (out of 30) to get 99. August baby needs 24 to get 99.

Lowest number of NNAT non-Verbal raw score is 37 (out of 48); August baby needs raw score of 34 to get 99.
    Thanks so much for this info!!!!