+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Results 391 to 398 of 398
  1. #391
    Has anyone else on the waitlist been accepted to Anderson?

  2. #392
    Hi everyone,
    My daughter has just joined Lower Lab and today she also has an offer a place at NEST+.

    My question is: "Academically, Nest+ vs LL which one is better? "
    Thanks for your advice and suggestions

  3. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by lemytran View Post
    Hi everyone,
    My daughter has just joined Lower Lab and today she also has an offer a place at NEST+.

    My question is: "Academically, Nest+ vs LL which one is better? "
    Thanks for your advice and suggestions
    NEST parent here. I would say they are the same level academically (I mean everybody will have their own opinion of course but IMO hard to distinguish between the two academically). So the biggest decision-making factors for me would be 1) NEST goes all the way through to 12th grade vs. 5th grade for LL and 2) Location / logistics - how are you going to get to school. Everything else pales in comparison to these two IMO.

  4. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Macklemore108 View Post
    NEST parent here. I would say they are the same level academically (I mean everybody will have their own opinion of course but IMO hard to distinguish between the two academically). So the biggest decision-making factors for me would be 1) NEST goes all the way through to 12th grade vs. 5th grade for LL and 2) Location / logistics - how are you going to get to school. Everything else pales in comparison to these two IMO.
    Hi Macklemore
    You are right, travel is one of the issues. We live in 46th East, if my D goes to school by school bus, it is not too difficult. But when if I need to take her to school, it is litter bit extra travel.

    We've just moved here last Sept, we do know much about the schools in NYC. Could you please let me know that your D/S is happy at the school, about the teachers at school, the community, etc. As one parent in my D class in LL told me that her D's got an offer from NEST in Jun but they declined it because as she explained the good teachers in NEST are leaving, the school quality is going down, etc.

    Thanks you very much
    P/S my D is in 1st grade
    Last edited by lemytran; 09-17-2017 at 09:01 AM.

  5. #395
    Hi Lemytran, Good look on your decision re: LL vs NEST. They're both really great options.
    Wondering-- what number on the NEST waitlist was your D? We are currently on a few citywide first grade waitlists, and wondering how far down the schools have gone so far...

  6. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtnmama View Post
    Hi Lemytran, Good look on your decision re: LL vs NEST. They're both really great options.
    Wondering-- what number on the NEST waitlist was your D? We are currently on a few citywide first grade waitlists, and wondering how far down the schools have gone so far...
    Hi dwtnmama,
    My D was on the 5th place.

  7. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by lemytran View Post
    Hi dwtnmama,
    My D was on the 5th place.
    Thank you for letting me know-- and good luck on your decision. Your family's in a lucky position! If others want to chime in if they've gotten off waitlist at any of the citywide schools (and grade), that might be interesting...

  8. #398
    Our 1st grade class at NEST+m got a new student today.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts