+ Reply to Thread

PS 77 (Lower Lab) and G&T Score

So my child is in District 2 and got a 93 overall in the G&T. Should I even bother to rank Lower Lab even if it's my first choice? Doesn't he have zero chance with this score? No sibs.

No reason not to list it #1 overall - it won't reduce your chances of getting into district programs. You should just rank your schools in absolute order of preference. There really isn't any gaming of the system. But there is essentially 0% chance of getting LL unfortunately as it there are many more 99s than spots available, much less 98s and 97s ...

We are in District 3 and my son is in the 99 percentile for Grade 1. Is there a chance of getting into Lower Lab? We are out of district.

Quote Originally Posted by preeti08 View Post
    We are in District 3 and my son is in the 99 percentile for Grade 1. Is there a chance of getting into Lower Lab? We are out of district.
    No chance. You will be behind pretty much everyone in D2 that qualified (90+)

We are in D2 and my daughter scored 99 on the G+T test for entry into Kindergarten. Any idea what her chances are for getting into Lower Lab?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedesert View Post
    We are in D2 and my daughter scored 99 on the G+T test for entry into Kindergarten. Any idea what her chances are for getting into Lower Lab?
    I think it's around 50-60%. Out of the 139 D2 99s, around 10% are not doing G&T at all (Hunter, private school, moved away etc), another 18-20 get into NEST, 8-10 into Anderson (based on probabilities), a few might rank TAG or their local district programs above LL. And then there are around 45 spots available at Lower Lab which is D2 only. So your odds of N/A/LL are around 60-65 out of 125-130 or so...

How many seats are available for 1st Grade at Lower Lab? What are the chances for a kid who gets 99 for 1st grade in N/A/LL ?

Quote Originally Posted by studytable2020 View Post
    How many seats are available for 1st Grade at Lower Lab? What are the chances for a kid who gets 99 for 1st grade in N/A/LL ?
    I think chances of N/A/LL for D2 99 in 1st grade is a bit lower than K but not that much. Maybe 10% lower than getting into K and K is around 50-60%.