+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New tag parents

Quote Originally Posted by GT_Parent View Post
    I have been told that registration for Thursday is already full. Registration for Monday will be posted on the website and I should reserve a spot online. However, I don't see this info on the website yet.

http://tagscholars.com/index.php/tou...-registration/

Hello Wahidad,
    Do we still need to register online? Ms.Bruno gave a time already over the phone...

Quote Originally Posted by TAGMommy View Post
    Hello Wahidad,
    Do we still need to register online? Ms.Bruno gave a time already over the phone...

This is something I cant answer. Apologies. I am operating in an unofficial role here, and just trying to get you the info I know. I have been relaying these questions to others, reporting back, and trying to get things moving. Is the time you have been offered no longer available on the site?

This all gets a bit easier after you are in the door and the first day of school passes, if it helps. A citywide school presents a lot of unique challenges administratively. Its easier to coordinate these things at the neighborhood school, I suspect.

I believe all slots are open So a bit hesitant if it would mess the parent coordinator's records. Again thanks for all your help

This was posted just now at http://www.tagscholarspta.org/

Pre-registration and Tour info
    Pre-registration with Ms. Bruno will take place only during the following hours in her office (please bring your ID to sign-in with the security guard and they can direct you):

Thursday June 8th from 7:30am - 1:00pm
    Monday June 12 from 7:30am - 4:00pm

Parent-led school tours are at 9-10am on June 8 and 12th.
    (Please note that schools are closed on both days)
    Great! Thanks for letting us know!

I believe all slots are open So a bit hesitant if it would mess the parent coordinator's records. Again thanks for all your help
    I would say register again online as all slots are open even on Thursday. I just reserved a slot for Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by wahidad View Post
    This is something I cant answer. Apologies. I am operating in an unofficial role here, and just trying to get you the info I know. I have been relaying these questions to others, reporting back, and trying to get things moving. Is the time you have been offered no longer available on the site?

This all gets a bit easier after you are in the door and the first day of school passes, if it helps. A citywide school presents a lot of unique challenges administratively. Its easier to coordinate these things at the neighborhood school, I suspect.
    Thanks a lot wahidad for helping out! Totally understand the admin challenges. When I attended TAG open house, I fell in love with this school after hearing the students and looking at their work on display. It was a dream come true for me to get into this school and I am super excited. And needless to say dedicated parents like you is one of the strengths of this school
    Last edited by GT_Parent; 06-06-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GT_Parent View Post
    The bus info here http://www.tagscholarspta.org/about-tag.html shows the stops but not the routes. Hence, I wanted to see if we have someone in this group who is already doing the commute from uws to TAG and and can tell what the route is like and approx. how long it takes. Thanks!
    If you email membership@tagscholarspta.org You will be put in touch with parents taking the bus from the UWS. I let them know you had question about UWS and there are people on the committee who use that bus.

Quote Originally Posted by wahidad View Post
    If you email membership@tagscholarspta.org You will be put in touch with parents taking the bus from the UWS. I let them know you had question about UWS and there are people on the committee who use that bus.
    Great! Thanks so much!

Hello!

Our daughter got into TAG and we are seriously considering it. One question to anyone who knows: Are there any same-sex families at TAG? Also, how often is Mandarin offered? Are children allowed to choose whether or not they want to wear the dress required for girls? My daughter is quite active and I don't think a dress is that comfortable for active play. Many thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast