+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn_ View Post
    I believe that is true for all the citywides except for TAG. I recall someone in this thread had a wait list number at nest that was almost 200 and still got into TAG. That means that their overall lottery number is in the high 200s at best. I think approximately 800 kids got a 99. Conservatively, could've gotten TAG by being in the top 35%, with the real number probably being in the 40s.
    I believe it wasnt 200 (if you are talking about info on this thread). One person on this thread was 96 on the Anderson wait list and got into tag. The other person was 139 on Anderson wait list, 90s on nest wait list and 10 on bsi wait list.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by bxdad View Post
    I first contacted Anderson on Monday (6/12) to get waitlist number, and the school had already offered seats to top 3 on waitlist at that time. 3 more families were still deciding if to accept the offer. So it could reach 6 on waitlist.
    Congrats bxdad! Did you free up a spot in another G&T when you accepted Anderson? You might be making another family very happy too

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_Parent View Post
    Congrats bxdad! Did you free up a spot in another G&T when you accepted Anderson? You might be making another family very happy too
    My son was accepted by TAG, our second choice.

  4. #64
    Does anyone have any info on BSI waiting list?

  5. #65
    Have been lurking on this site since April and wanted to share our experience in case it helps others cut through some of the mystery of this crazy process. Our daughter is entering first grade - she got a 99. We initially were offered a first grade spot at PS 11 and jumped at it (loved it on the tour). Just this past Friday, after we had basically fallen in love with PS 11, we were offered a spot off the waitlist at Lower Lab - and are going to take that. We actually would be happy with either school, but are really impressed with Lower Lab's curriculum and it just makes more sense for us commute-wise, as we live on the UES. (In case it's helpful, we were #5 on the waitlist for both Lower Lab and Anderson - and we ranked Lower Lab above Anderson - so there has been some decent movement already).

    Good luck to everybody still working through this crazy process. And do know that if it doesn't work out this year, you can try again for first grade - it does sometimes work out!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by anitask007 View Post
    Have been lurking on this site since April and wanted to share our experience in case it helps others cut through some of the mystery of this crazy process. Our daughter is entering first grade - she got a 99. We initially were offered a first grade spot at PS 11 and jumped at it (loved it on the tour). Just this past Friday, after we had basically fallen in love with PS 11, we were offered a spot off the waitlist at Lower Lab - and are going to take that. We actually would be happy with either school, but are really impressed with Lower Lab's curriculum and it just makes more sense for us commute-wise, as we live on the UES. (In case it's helpful, we were #5 on the waitlist for both Lower Lab and Anderson - and we ranked Lower Lab above Anderson - so there has been some decent movement already).

    Good luck to everybody still working through this crazy process. And do know that if it doesn't work out this year, you can try again for first grade - it does sometimes work out!
    Thank you for this, it's helpful. And glad to hear it's worked out for your family! Does anybody have any info to share about the entering 1st grade wait-list at NEST?

  7. #67
    My son is 97th on the list at Anderson, 177th at Nest+.

    This almost looks like one draw per school. More parents like Nest+ than Anderson???



    Quote Originally Posted by GT_Parent View Post
    I believe it wasnt 200 (if you are talking about info on this thread). One person on this thread was 96 on the Anderson wait list and got into tag. The other person was 139 on Anderson wait list, 90s on nest wait list and 10 on bsi wait list.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by g4indigo View Post
    My son is 97th on the list at Anderson, 177th at Nest+.

    This almost looks like one draw per school. More parents like Nest+ than Anderson???
    Oh I see. Thanks for the info! Yes, it looks like Nest is the most popular school. Some people who got into Anderson might also be on Nest waitlist if they put Nest above Anderson. The waitlists show us that if people list TAG or BSI, they have a higher than 30% chance of getting into a citywide G&T - A fact that some people might be able to take advantage of

  9. #69
    I decided to keep TAG in the list above 300. Now I am thinking that if we did not include TAG, my son could end up in PS144 now.

  10. #70
    FYI, principal of BSI just resigned.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts