+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How much do G&T waitlists move?

I have a question for anyone who may know - historically speaking, how many students eventually get an admission offer from a citywide waitlist (Anderson/NEST/TAG/BSI/Q300) or a highly in demand District program waitlist (like Lower Lab)? I suspect that there is relatively significant movement after June 16, then little to no activity until the school year starts. I know the answer is probably that it varies greatly year to year, but knowing some historical data may allow people to temper their expectations accordingly.

Curious to hear from anyone who actually got their kid into one of these schools that way.
    Last edited by UESdad; 06-06-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UESdad View Post
    Congrats to all who received a placement in a G&T program this year, this seemed to a pretty tough year overall:

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...nyc-admissions

To those who did not receive their top choice, the waitlist process seems to offer a glimmer of hope in getting their child a spot in a school that might be a better fit for their child/family.

I have a question for anyone who may know - historically speaking, how many students eventually get an admission offer from a citywide waitlist (Anderson/NEST/TAG/BSI/Q300) or a highly in demand District program waitlist (like Lower Lab)? I suspect that there is relatively significant movement after June 16, then little to no activity until the school year starts. I know the answer is probably that it varies greatly year to year, but knowing some historical data may allow people to temper their expectations accordingly.

Curious to hear from anyone who actually got their kid into one of these schools that way.
    I was told by nest that historically they have at most taken top 5 kids off the wait list.

My son is #96 on Anderson waitinglist, lol.

NEST+ just told me do not bother...

Quote Originally Posted by g4indigo View Post
    My son is #96 on Anderson waitinglist, lol.

NEST+ just told me do not bother...
    Did you get into any citywide or district G&T?

We will accept TAG offer.

Quote Originally Posted by g4indigo View Post
    We will accept TAG offer.
    Congratulations! We also got waitlisted in Nest, Anderson and got into TAG (our third choice). Did you put any schools between NEST/Anderson and TAG? Trying to see what order the schools fill in.

Anderson / nest / TAG

We put Lower Lab before TAG, and after Nest and Anderson and got TAG

Quote Originally Posted by Tag331 View Post
    We put Lower Lab before TAG, and after Nest and Anderson and got TAG
    Interesting! Did you find out where you are on the wait list for LL? I would imagine you would be somewhere in the top of the wait list for LL if both Tag and LL fill around the same level and are not too far off from each other.

How do you get waiting list number from DOE? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast