+ Reply to Thread

G&T physical education/time playing outside

Does anyone know how much time each citywide g&t allows for outside play? Or how many days per week the children have physical education class? I am curious specifically about Anderson, Q300 and TAG. I keep reading that TAG is the worse in terms of physical education, only once per week! Many thanks in advance!

Q300 parent here. This year, all elementary grades had gym 2X per week. Recess outside every day, weather permitting (gym is also outside when the weather cooperates). I believe the city has issued a mandate of gym 3X per week and our principal is bending over backwards to meet it (but logistics are difficult for co-located schools where the gym is shared between 2 different schools). Kids also have enrichments like dance in addition to the regular gym classes.

TAG has gym once a week and recess every day, weather permitting. Co-located so gym time is difficult, as stated above. TAG started a new partnership this year that also provides swim instruction one day a week during the day, for, I believe, grades 1-4. I will find out as we enter 1 this year.