+ Reply to Thread

Question Test prep recommendations for NEST+m middle school entrance exam

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations on test prep programs for the NEST+m middle school entrance exam. Has anybody done the Kweller program? Should I be looking elsewhere? Please share any info you have about success rates, and any other issues I should be aware of, thanks!!!

I believe that this year for the first time, NEST+M is not administering an admissions test for middle school or high school. You can find their current rubric listed on their website. It appears that they are only using attendance, grades and NYS test scores to screen kids.
    https://nestmk12.net/admissions/midd...de-admissions/
    ask me about brooklyn schools
    joyce szuflita http://www.nycschoolhelp.com/

Thank you! Do you know if SWD refers to all students with IEPs, or only to those with non-GedEd placement? (for instance, just students in ICT classrooms?)
    Also, given that NEST+m is not administering a test this year, do you think that test prep for the other screened middle schools is worth it? (i.e. for Anderson, Mark Twain, etc). If the answer is yes, do you have any recommendations? Many thanks again!!!

I'm not sure this is the correct thread, but it's a question about NEST+m, and what percentage of the kids leave after "middle school"- 8th grade? If they do, they usually go to the specialized schools, but how are grades 9-12 at NEST+m? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nbruno22 View Post
    I'm not sure this is the correct thread, but it's a question about NEST+m, and what percentage of the kids leave after "middle school"- 8th grade? If they do, they usually go to the specialized schools, but how are grades 9-12 at NEST+m? Thanks!
    The majority of NEST students leave after 8th grade. Most go to the specialized schools while many of the remainder go to private schools. Only about 10-15% of the graduating senior class is comprised of NEST students who started all the way back in Kindergarten.

The High School is good - some rankings I have seen them ranked in the Top 10 after the specialized high schools. The new principal also appears to be very focused on the high school program as well.

Hi,
    Does anyone know how NESt+m will calculate the cumulative grade point average? It's worth 50% of the points possible. TIA

Thank you so much for the response macklemore108! I was just thinking to not have this headache/stress again for HS! Ughh.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone know how NESt+m will calculate the cumulative grade point average? It's worth 50% of the points possible. TIA
    Yes! I'd like to know that too. If this is the way they'll admit kids for middle school, there has to be A LOT that would qualify, and not many spots-- how many do you think?! My son has 4s on his report card in all major subjects, 4s on all state tests (ELA, Math, Science), so I'm wondering about his odds...hmmm...