+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G&t 2018-19

G&t 2018-19

All - We are getting ready for the G&T test (again ) in January. My son will be applying for 2nd grade, he got 99 last time but no citywide. I realize that the chances for admission into second grade are slim, however we still want to try. He is very competitive and likes the tests, so we feel its a good idea for him to try it out again. Does anyone know if the exams for second grade are different from first. I know he'll continue to have bubble sheets but is there any other difference for participants?

Thanks

I believe it is NNAT and OLSAT Level B, not level A (which is what K and 1 entry are, but more OLSAT questions for the 1 entry), but you should email the GTHelp address in the DOE G&T handbook just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by InwoodParent View Post
    I believe it is NNAT and OLSAT Level B, not level A (which is what K and 1 entry are, but more OLSAT questions for the 1 entry), but you should email the GTHelp address in the DOE G&T handbook just to make sure.
    Thanks. I did check with DOE and they explained the process. It will largely remain the same as for Grade 1.

Hi, for the students testing into Kindergarten, does the NNAT test include only Pattern Completion and Reasoning By Analogy? The 2018 handbook is not clear to me. The handbook basically says Pattern Completion, Reasoning By Analogy, Serial Reasoning and Spatial Visualization but doesn't say which grade takes what. Many thanks.