+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Last year was Wednesday. Therefore, it may be March 7, but will almost definitely be March 7-9.

It might very well be Friday, but I wouldn't base the prediction on Anxiety's counselor's work schedule, as (a) the DOE doesn't care about the counselor's work schedule, and (b) the guidance counselor did not set up his/her work schedule based upon the release of the SHSAT (especially since no one knows when that will be).

I think Julianne has the right idea: March 7 - 9 is the best bet, hard to tell which of those dates is most likely, but I caution that nothing is ever definite with the DOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
    Either they're trying to surprise us, or it just won't come tomorrow. I believe that if it were to come tomorrow the DOE would've notified us already. I predict next Friday. (My school's guidance counselor comes on only Tuesdays and Fridays).
    If they are by you Tu and Fri, they are probably at another school on the other three days, so that doesn't limit when the results will be sent out.

The Round 2 fair is March 17-18 so the results have to be out no later than March 16. There are school events with new admissions on the calendar for March 13 and 14, so the results should probably be out by Monday, March 12 [or hopefully earlier] but the DOE could push to the 16th if needed though unlikely. To see the DOE High School event calendar go here: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnroll...ts/default.htm
    Last edited by Lifelong Learner; 03-02-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer School View Post
    It might very well be Friday, but I wouldn't base the prediction on Anxiety's counselor's work schedule, as (a) the DOE doesn't care about the counselor's work schedule, and (b) the guidance counselor did not set up his/her work schedule based upon the release of the SHSAT (especially since no one knows when that will be).

I think Julianne has the right idea: March 7 - 9 is the best bet, hard to tell which of those dates is most likely, but I caution that nothing is ever definite with the DOE.
    ah, true. hadn't thought of that before. I'm not too familiar with how school counselors work.
    I talked to the person in my school who will notify me of the results, and he told me that the results typically come in towards the end of the week. so, yeah, 7-9 seems most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifelong Learner View Post
    The Round 2 fair is March 17-18 so the results have to be out no later than March 16. There are school events with new admissions on the calendar for March 13 and 14, so the results should probably be out by Monday, March 12 [or hopefully earlier] but the DOE could push to the 16th if needed though unlikely. To see the DOE High School event calendar go here: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnroll...ts/default.htm
    Interestingly, there were open houses for "newly admitted students" as far back as January. How did that work?

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherMe View Post
    Interestingly, there were open houses for "newly admitted students" as far back as January. How did that work?
    I'm not sure about the January Admissions, but the Brooklyn Latin School has an Open House for new prospective students (assuming they received acceptances) on March 14th and the LaGuardia High School has their Open House for new prospective students even earlier on March 12th. If the DOE does not provide the results by March 9th that will begin to create a lot of problems. Still the hard DOE deadline must be March 16th given the Round 2 fair on the 17th & 18th.

In 2017 the DOE informed middle schools on Thursday, March 2 that results would be given out on Wednesday, March 8. On the 2nd page of the 2017 Cutoff Score Thread you see that schools/district were providing notice on March 2nd.
    Last edited by Lifelong Learner; 03-02-2018 at 10:44 AM.

I can't believe we didn't get any info this week. My friend has a daughter in Mark Twain and she told me a few weeks ago that we would get the results March 8 (maybe they know something we don't know). Hopefully it is next week.

it doesn't matter if we know the date anymore.

by next Friday

we''re all know the results.

all we do now is wait.