+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HEHEHEHHEHE View Post
    I see u scored high in the EL but then again u also scored every high in math as well (i assume like both subjects) I would say Bxsci because since its a specialized HS, its probably will help you when applying for colleges, since certain colleges like looking at certain highschools. Not saying TS wouldn't, but BXSCI has the most noble prize recipients out of any other hs in the world! Its seems more reputable and will help you get more "wows" from other students and parents.

But the choice is ur's and u can't go wrong in choosing either school Good luck in HS!
    Thank you so much for your help! Your insight on both schools has definitely made my decision easier. Good luck to you too!

my son got accepted to Brooklyn latin 484 and midwood health science. don't know which to choose since commute to tbls is a problem from bensonhurst Brooklyn. please advice

Quote Originally Posted by anxiousmom View Post
    my son got accepted to Brooklyn latin 484 and midwood health science. don't know which to choose since commute to tbls is a problem from bensonhurst Brooklyn. please advice
    Congrats! Midwood (well at least medical) and Latin are both very good schools. But there are things to consider:

1) What subjects interest ur child? If its math and science choice Midwood Medical. If its humanities then Latin.
    2 Which is closer? DISTANCE=EVERYTHING. Both schools gives lot of homework and keep in mind colleges will look at extracurriculars, meaning ur child will have to stay after school.
    3) uniforms vs non-uniforms? (personally I'm a guy who hates wearing uniforms)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dreams View Post
    Thank you so much for your help! Your insight on both schools has definitely made my decision easier. Good luck to you too!
    Just of of curiosity, what do u think I should chose?
    I wanna get more insight on this other then my parents

Quote Originally Posted by HEHEHEHHEHE View Post
    Just of of curiosity, what do u think I should chose?
    I wanna get more insight on this other then my parents
    I would probably go for Tech, since like you said, a SHS can attract more attention. The classes are also a little smaller I think, but I’m not completely sure. However, I know the medical program at Midwood is very prestigious, so if that’s what you’re interested in, I’d say go there.
    Both are amazing schools though, so either school will be an incredible experience. Choose what you think is best!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dreams View Post
    I would probably go for Tech, since like you said, a SHS can attract more attention. The classes are also a little smaller I think, but I’m not completely sure. However, I know the medical program at Midwood is very prestigious, so if that’s what you’re interested in, I’d say go there.
    Both are amazing schools though, so either school will be an incredible experience. Choose what you think is best!
    I will probably get into something with engineering so I guess I'll chose tech. Thanks!

Both schools have good reputations with colleges, so it's more of what types of courses do you want to take and what teams and clubs are you interested in. Bronx Science has strong English and History, so you don't have to worry that you'll be immerse in 7 hours of science and math if you go there. Go to the accepted students open house to make the final decision.

My kid got accepted to THHS and here are her over all scores.

Her state exam was 4.22 on ELA and Perfect on the Math in 7th grade.
    Her unweighted gpa is 98.7 and weighted is almost 103 (now I forgot whether it was in 7th or 8th.. recently it was 102.47 weighted)
    She is consistently rank 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place based on gpa when she was in 7th grade among about 300 students in her grade and the similarily so far in 8th grade.
    Her attendance for 6,7,8 grade are near perfect (1 or 2 absences over 3 years).

I was just wondering if I might be accepted into Townsend Harris with these following grades:

Honors Mathematics - 98
    Honors ELA - 97
    Honors Spanish - 97
    Honors Science (We take the 8th grade syllabus and state test in 7th grade) - 95
    Honors Social Studies - 95
    Art - 96
    PE- 98
    Overall - 96.57
    State Math Test: 4.4 (4)
    State ELA Test: 4.17 (4)
    State Science Test: 99 (4)

Art and PE will be overlooked right?