+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    It's my understanding that more than 3 absences or latenesses total rules you out. If there is some extenuating circumstances then they should have already been documented and in some cases excused. Ditto for any disciplinary issue on your record. I'm not THHS but that's my understanding and one should do their own due diligence.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

So can I get in with these scores
    ELA: 98
    Math:98
    Science:99
    Social Studies:97
    State Test: ela: 4.04 math: 4.5
    0 absences 1 lateness(due to extenuating circumstances)
    I'm a resident of Flushing, and I'm a girl. I really want to attend this school but I don't know if my grades are high enough. Please tell me if I can get accepted, and be as honest as possible. Thank you! ))

I just went to the THHS open house yesterday and spoke with the parent coordinator. She said that THHS only looks at core subjects (like ELA, Math etc.) Art and PE will not be looked at and state test scores must be 4.1 minimum. Also, you should have little absences and latenesses.

I don't know why it says that people are eligible on the Myschools website for THHS even though they don't have the credentials. Is this a mistake?

Hi, do you think I can get into Townsend with these grades?

ELA-96
    SS-98
    Spanish-99
    Science-91
    Math-95
    Overall-95.8

ELA State Test-4.5
    Math State Test-4.25

I live in Long Island City, Queens.

I had 0 latenesses and was absent for 2 weeks in 7th grade. I'm going to try to speak with my guidance counselor about marking them as due to extenuating circumstances as I was sick with the flu. Do you think I have any chance?

hey, so i am really scared for my high school results do you think i would get into townsend with:

Quote Originally Posted by bwc2000 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up as I didn't know THHS has a qualifying score of 80 on the official regents test. (I just know stuyvesant has a qualifying score of I think 90 in certain subject your 8th grade in order to take some other AP classes in Stuy). But if you take the regents test in 7th grade and get say 95% on the regent exam (and 95% in the class) do you know if that count for 9th grade in the future? My kid told me that only 8th grade regent test can count toward 9th grade... but if you take it in 7th grade they don't count??.

And yes, talking about senseless of taking the regent exam again.. my kid's friend got a 93 on a science regents test in 8th grade, but she end up wanting to retak it in August just to get a higher score.. which I told my kid there is no point as she is going to Stuyvesant anyways. So maybe her friend's knows something more in details which I don't.
    Overall Average of : 94.8
    Math State Test: 4.54 (full score)
    English State Test: 4.26
    Attendence: 2 absences

keep in mind that im also in a gifted and talented class

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4