+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    It's my understanding that more than 3 absences or latenesses total rules you out. If there is some extenuating circumstances then they should have already been documented and in some cases excused. Ditto for any disciplinary issue on your record. I'm not THHS but that's my understanding and one should do their own due diligence.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

So can I get in with these scores
    ELA: 98
    Math:98
    Science:99
    Social Studies:97
    State Test: ela: 4.04 math: 4.5
    0 absences 1 lateness(due to extenuating circumstances)
    I'm a resident of Flushing, and I'm a girl. I really want to attend this school but I don't know if my grades are high enough. Please tell me if I can get accepted, and be as honest as possible. Thank you! ))

I just went to the THHS open house yesterday and spoke with the parent coordinator. She said that THHS only looks at core subjects (like ELA, Math etc.) Art and PE will not be looked at and state test scores must be 4.1 minimum. Also, you should have little absences and latenesses.

I don't know why it says that people are eligible on the Myschools website for THHS even though they don't have the credentials. Is this a mistake?

Hi, do you think I can get into Townsend with these grades?

ELA-96
    SS-98
    Spanish-99
    Science-91
    Math-95
    Overall-95.8

ELA State Test-4.5
    Math State Test-4.25

I live in Long Island City, Queens.

I had 0 latenesses and was absent for 2 weeks in 7th grade. I'm going to try to speak with my guidance counselor about marking them as due to extenuating circumstances as I was sick with the flu. Do you think I have any chance?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4