+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Townsend Harris GPA

Hi, if your child was accepted to Townsend what was their GPA?

Interestingly enough, i did apply for TS with these grades http://www.theschoolboards.com/showt...3083#post13083
    I though they were actually pretty high but unfortunately got rejected.

oh well got into tech and Midwood Med so there was an happy ending

I applied to Townsend with the following, and was accepted, which is odd if HEHEHEHHEHE wasn’t.
    Honors ELA - 96
    Honors Spanish - 95
    Honors Math - 97
    Honors Science - 96
    Honors SS - 97
    Art - 99
    PE - 100
    Overall - 99.9/ 97.15 ( My school adds a percentage of our average back because we’re taking honors courses.)
    State Test Scores:
    ELA - 4.5
    Math - 4.34

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by HEHEHEHHEHE View Post
    Interestingly enough, i did apply for TS with these grades http://www.theschoolboards.com/showt...3083#post13083
    I though they were actually pretty high but unfortunately got rejected.

oh well got into tech and Midwood Med so there was an happy ending
    Most likely, the reason you did not get in was due to the fact that Townsend is trying to recruit as many students from Queens from possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
    Most likely, the reason you did not get in was due to the fact that Townsend is trying to recruit as many students from Queens from possible.
    Yeah probably. But I guess this is a good thing. After all, it was in queens

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dreams View Post
    I applied to Townsend with the following, and was accepted, which is odd if HEHEHEHHEHE wasn’t.
    Honors ELA - 96
    Honors Spanish - 95
    Honors Math - 97
    Honors Science - 96
    Honors SS - 97
    Art - 99
    PE - 100
    Overall - 99.9/ 97.15 ( My school adds a percentage of our average back because we’re taking honors courses.)
    State Test Scores:
    ELA - 4.5
    Math - 4.34

Hope this helps!
    Congrats on TS!
    What other HS did u get accepted to?

Congrats on TS!
    What other HS did u get accepted to?
    Thank you! I also got accepted into Bronx, not sure which school to choose....
    Congrats on Tech and Midwood! Those are great schools!

Thank you! I also got accepted into Bronx, not sure which school to choose....
    Congrats on Tech and Midwood! Those are great schools!
    Well Bxsci and TS are both amazing good schools. But which one is closer to u?
    Makes a difference.

Well Bxsci and TS are both amazing good schools. But which one is closer to u?
    Makes a difference.
    Townsend is definitely closer, but the commute is actually around the same time I think, since Bronx has private busses.

Townsend is definitely closer, but the commute is actually around the same time I think, since Bronx has private busses.
    I see u scored high in the EL but then again u also scored every high in math as well (i assume like both subjects) I would say Bxsci because since its a specialized HS, its probably will help you when applying for colleges, since certain colleges like looking at certain highschools. Not saying TS wouldn't, but BXSCI has the most noble prize recipients out of any other hs in the world! Its seems more reputable and will help you get more "wows" from other students and parents.

But the choice is ur's and u can't go wrong in choosing either school Good luck in HS!