+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime View Post
    The lowest score they will allow is 469.
    I actually had scored a 461 on my SHSAT test, but I’ve have been selected to attended Brooklyn Latin discovery program due to my “disadvantage” which is required to attend the program. I’m not quite sure what the lowest score range is but I did receive both a call and letter from Brooklyn Latin describing my eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Chastitymc View Post
    I actually had scored a 461 on my SHSAT test, but I’ve have been selected to attended Brooklyn Latin discovery program due to my “disadvantage” which is required to attend the program. I’m not quite sure what the lowest score range is but I did receive both a call and letter from Brooklyn Latin describing my eligibility.
    A call too? Can you explain in further detail?

Note that the 469 was from last year, the scores vary from year to year.

A few people said they got calls, I don't know why some are and some aren't. Could be their guidance counselors although the few I heard sounded to be directly from the DOE office involved with this.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

The call pretty much explained what the letter was about. Basically saying that I’m eligible for the discovery program.

So when you get the offer for the SHS Discovery Program, is it officially confirmed that you are accepted into the program or no? I did check the requirements and of them stated that you must meet "8th grade promotion requirements", meaning that you must graduate 8th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by sombereagle39 View Post
    So when you get the offer for the SHS Discovery Program, is it officially confirmed that you are accepted into the program or no? I did check the requirements and of them stated that you must meet "8th grade promotion requirements", meaning that you must graduate 8th grade.
    I’m not quite sure about that but I know that with the letter you can either decline it and not fill it out or accept the offer by filling it out and giving to your counselor and/or principal. In the letter it describes your “disadvantaged” which is already checked off for you so when you do sign and turn it into a consoler I believe that once he/she mails it back your then officially confirmed.

Well, you can't really attend the program in the summer if you also have summer school to attend their times conflict too much.

That’s why they note in the requirements that you have to meet promotional standards to attend the program which wouldn’t leave room for conflicting schedules.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8