+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSAT2017 View Post
    Just a word of advice: If you really want to get in, then you should go to Bobby Tariq Learning Center. Most 9th graders that go there get in. Don't waste your time and start studying. Time's running! One more thing: Actually two 9th grades who failed to get accepted anywhere in 8th grade got offers from Stuy, another one to Bronx Science. A lot of Brooklyn Tech and Latin.
    I am already going there! My mom is signing me up in the summer! I am going to the one in Jamaica because its closer to my house. I found out about them after the test. Did you go there?

Great, I would definitely suggest the Jackson Heights though. Really intense and helpful. Take my word for it.

Great, I would definitely suggest the Jackson Heights though. Really intense and helpful. Take my word for it.
    Did you go to the Jackson Heights one?

I have shared valuable tips below

I've never heard of that tutoring center, the one that I have seen really help their students is Khan's tutorial's they had around 400 students this year gain acceptance to a specialized high school, my brother goes there on a minority scholarship, the curriculum is up to date and they have very welcoming teachers, I currently go for regents prep and they had helped me a bit for 9th grade SHSAT math, very great tutoring service, might be a bit pricey but I'd recommend it to anyone out there.

Their instructors mostly consist of people who have attended specialized high schools in the past, mainly Bronx science and Stuyvestant.
    Last edited by A.S.R.Y.E; 07-19-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Wrong statistics

Quote Originally Posted by A.S.R.Y.E View Post
    I've never heard of that tutoring center, the one that I have seen really help their students is Khan's tutorial's they had around 400 students this year gain acceptance to a specialized high school, my brother goes there on a minority scholarship, the curriculum is up to date and they have very welcoming teachers, I currently go for regents prep and they had helped me a bit for 9th grade SHSAT math, very great tutoring service, might be a bit pricey but I'd recommend it to anyone out there.

Their instructors mostly consist of people who have attended specialized high schools in the past, mainly Bronx science and Stuyvestant.
    eyyyy i went to Khans for my SHSAT test. It's a great tutorial but it has its faults. I wrote a review on it a couple months ago. Here it is: " Its a decent tutorial for sure. But I would like to criticize some of their SHSAT tutors who in some days, starts to play games like hangman, and whatnot in the last 30 mins of class. If you're done with ur lesson, give us a packet or get ahead start in next week's lesson. Our families are paying you to teach us for 4 hours, not 2.5-3.5 hours (they also gives us lunch breaks which is good. However, 30 mins breaks are unnecessary not to mention some days it can extend up to 45 mins. Btw those breaks count as part of the 4 hours my parents paying are for. Lets sink into that) Other then that, they do have a solid SHSAT program and I guess you can tell the tutors really dedicated to their job as they would go above and beyond to help you. After all that hard work, I landed a seat at BKTECH. Which I will be attending this fall. I also came here for common core in 4th grade. Didn't like it but I never liked anything at that age soooo. But I remember getting a 3 and 4 on my standardized tests which helped me get into the honors program at my local JHS. So thanks Khans!" I would like to add that some of their tutors, tho very smart/nice people, are still in their teens. I think we all know that us teens can get distracted pretty easily as everyone in awhile the tutors start talking about something else.

i went to the one in Brooklyn soooooo

I attend the one in Castle Hill, The Bronx, you are very right although I believe it varies on the location, I was one of only two students who got into BTHS, the rest going to Bronx science, so IDK. They do a good job, and they do tutor you pretty well, I made it through a partial scholarship. BTW good luck at tech, it's a very interesting experience, In September I start as a sophomore at Bronx science .

Quote Originally Posted by A.S.R.Y.E View Post
    I attend the one in Castle Hill, The Bronx, you are very right although I believe it varies on the location, I was one of only two students who got into BTHS, the rest going to Bronx science, so IDK. They do a good job, and they do tutor you pretty well, I made it through a partial scholarship. BTW good luck at tech, it's a very interesting experience, In September I start as a sophomore at Bronx science .
    Yeah most of my classmates from khans ended up up at bktech and a few went to stuy. Since we live in brooklyn, hardly any of us applied to Bronx sci or SIT. But anyway, wish you the best at Bronx Science

Just a word of advice: If you really want to get in, then you should go to Bobby Tariq Learning Center. Most 9th graders that go there get in. Don't waste your time and start studying. Time's running! One more thing: Actually two 9th graders whofailed to get accepted anywhere in 8th grade got offers from Stuy, another one to Bronx Science. A lot of Brooklyn Tech and Latin.
    hi and thanks for the tips im going to need that doing it the second time as well, but im already in a tutoring center (Khans Tutorial) and its helping me tbh, but i still want more practice, is there any online free reourcs that could help me in any way ?