+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A.S.R.Y.E View Post
    I've never heard of that tutoring center, the one that I have seen really help their students is Khan's tutorial's they had around 400 students this year gain acceptance to a specialized high school, my brother goes there on a minority scholarship, the curriculum is up to date and they have very welcoming teachers, I currently go for regents prep and they had helped me a bit for 9th grade SHSAT math, very great tutoring service, might be a bit pricey but I'd recommend it to anyone out there.

Their instructors mostly consist of people who have attended specialized high schools in the past, mainly Bronx science and Stuyvestant.
    omg im currently going there right now, i heard of alot of people got into ninth grade shsat that were in the bronx, ta mind sharing some tips

what specific topics in geometry are in the 9th grade shsat?

Quote Originally Posted by greatness_2018 View Post
    what specific topics in geometry are in the 9th grade shsat?
    It uses math from all grade levels in novel situations but in terms of later years, it pull from grade:

7: proportions and ratios (of shapes), perimeter, area, volume, circumference, geometrically similar object and their scaling, rules and truisms involving intersecting lines, circles/triangles/quadrilaterals/polygons/cubes/right prisms, angles and their sums/interior/exterior/within polygons, parallel lines

8: geometric similarity and congruence, Pythagorean Theorem, right triangles, translations/rotations/reflections/dilations, more slope/coordinates/grids/distances, more cones/cylinders/spheres/volume

Hi,
    It is true that the 9th grade test is harder but not impossible. There are books on 9th grade shsat on amazon.com. There is one book that has 5 mock tests. Its by Bobby Tariq tutoring center. they have a lot of students who made into specialized high schools through 9th grade shsat. also lots of youtube videos to understand the test and view other students who made it. application process is the same as in 8th grade.

I noticed there was a lack of Grade 9 math problem on the internet so I went through some Grade 9 math problems on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQE...rYueiTg/videos last year. IIRC I ran into some live technical problems during a few of them but there is various ones posted nonetheless. I'll probably do so again soon. Subscribe (Gregs Tutoring) and you'll get notified when I do.
    Last edited by GregsTutoringNYC; 03-22-2019 at 11:47 PM.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

It is made public. On handbook 2018-19. Also you can check YouTube videos of Bobby Tariq tutoring center. https://youtu.be/kJi3w-klob0 . It has a lot of information

Smile Don't Give up! Go to Bobby Tariq Tutoring Center! They specialize in 9th Grade SHSAT!

My friend cried after the results were released. We both took the 9th Grade SHSAT together, but he couldn't make in. So, I am making this for him and everyone who failed the SHSAT. Don't lose hope guys. It's not the end of the world. Yall can try this again but you gotta know 9th Grade SHSAT is different. Math is harder but the ELA is more or less the same. Less seats and need higher cut off. Is it possible to get in 2nd try? Hell ya. You need to be serious about this though. studying for this isn't a joke and if you fool around and waste your summer you won't make it. If you really have to chose a tutoring, then go for Bobby Tariq Tutoring Center. Literally they are known for this. if you google 9th grade shsat, you will see their videos pop up first, and they have so many google reviews. It's a brown tutoring place but Tariq knows what he is doing. They also got a book of their own for 9th grade SHSAT.

Their Books
    8th Grade SHSAT : https://www.amazon.com/6-SHSAT-PRACT...gateway&sr=8-2
    9th Grade SHSAT: https://www.amazon.com/9th-GRADE-SHS...gateway&sr=8-1

Bobby Tariq : https://www.bobbytariq.com

Good luck to everyone and my friend! I know you didn't get in but you still are the smartest guy I know. don't be sad bro. You still the best league player I know!

Books on Amzon.com

There are books on amazon. one of them from Bobby Tariq Tutoring center. it has 5 mock tests. its bit expensive but worth it

Does anyone know how much is Bobby-Tariq? I want to go after I have done some independent studying, but I wanna know how much does it cost? Also I have the Bobby-Tariq 9th grade shsat I practice, and Kaplan shsat 2019-2020 That helps both 8th and 9th graders to gain admission at the shs.
    Last edited by StudentJonathan; 03-23-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkam1 View Post
    it has 5 mock tests. its bit expensive but worth it
    I've tutored for the SHSAT (8th grade and 9th grade) for decades, and use a number of mock and sample tests, but remember too, prep is not just about doing problem after problem after problem.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast