+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    This thread also has a nice list of Brooklyn schools to look at - but as the moderator says, it's just a starting point for looking at schools.

    http://www.theschoolboards.com/showt...amp-Math-Tests

  2. #12
    If you don't mind the commute, check out PS 229 in District 20. It's very hard to get in but a great school. The G&T program is so strong that even some of the children who score 99 on the OLSAT can't get in. The gen ed is solid too. The school places a lot of students into McAuliffe.

  3. #13
    I love both PS 11 and Community Roots Charter School. I am out of district for both, so it is a bit frustrating. PS 9 is good too, though I've found the office staff to be a bit rude.

  4. #14

    Thumbs up Another for the list of schools: PS 39 in Park Slope

    PS 39 in Park Slope is a great small school. I especially like the parent mix and vibe - interesting and diverse without being snobbish (everyone from doctors to Bob Dylan's base player to the Korean dry cleaners' owners to European families to parents who themselves went to the school).
    Last edited by Kristi; 03-23-2012 at 10:39 AM.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
    PS 39 in Park Slope is a great small school. I especially like the parent mix and vibe - interesting and diverse without being snobbish (everyone from doctors to Bob Dylan's base player to the Korean dry cleaners' owners to European families to parents who themselves went to the school).
    Thanks for the info. I am finding out a lot after the deadline, lol!

  6. #16
    Oh, sorry it wasn't more helpful. For those who might still be looking, NYC School Maps can be a helpful resource for finding zones for schools of interest, http://www.nycschoolmaps.com

  7. #17
    Also worth mentioning is the Urban Assembly of Arts and Letters in District 13 (Fort Greene) - as a new school (for elem. grades) it has more space for out of zone kids.

  8. #18

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
    Oh, sorry it wasn't more helpful. For those who might still be looking, NYC School Maps can be a helpful resource for finding zones for schools of interest, http://www.nycschoolmaps.com
    It was helpful! I'm definitely going to research it. I condensed my kindergarten list compared to pre-k, but I don't even think it was on there.

  9. #19
    Another option to consider is a dual language program. There are several in Brooklyn including Spanish, French and Chinese options. My son is in the French dual language class at PS 110 and we are so pleased with the program and the school in general. It's such a wonderful opportunity, not only to learn another language at such a young age, but because of the impact it has on brain development in general.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by planetB View Post
    Another option to consider is a dual language program. There are several in Brooklyn including Spanish, French and Chinese options. My son is in the French dual language class at PS 110 and we are so pleased with the program and the school in general. It's such a wonderful opportunity, not only to learn another language at such a young age, but because of the impact it has on brain development in general.
    Dual language french sounds great. I'm from Montreal, Canada where the first language is french. I would love my son to learn it. I already planned to buy a book to teach him properly.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts