+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Any input on the difference between ps 188 and ps 203? G&T vs Gen Ed? Thanks!

Difference between 203 & 188:
    203 has 1 G&T class per grade, 188 has 2 per grade.

203 is known to have great music, art, performance programs.
    188 has been #1 in Queens (state tests) for many years.

203 PTA aggressively fundraises, 188, less pressure on parents to donate.
    But that will show in the number of enrichment programs of course. 203 has more.

203 principal is still fairly new, and what direction she will take the school is to be seen.
    188 principal has been there for many years, so there is more stability and consistency.

Both are excellent schools

Thank you so much for the detailed info.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twodaughters View Post
    Difference between 203 & 188:
    203 has 1 G&T class per grade, 188 has 2 per grade.

203 is known to have great music, art, performance programs.
    188 has been #1 in Queens (state tests) for many years.

203 PTA aggressively fundraises, 188, less pressure on parents to donate.
    But that will show in the number of enrichment programs of course. 203 has more.

203 principal is still fairly new, and what direction she will take the school is to be seen.
    188 principal has been there for many years, so there is more stability and consistency.

Both are excellent schools

Quote Originally Posted by An Xian View Post
    We are in 203's waitlist #3, but our first school selection is 188, where we are #7 on the list. No idea if we can get a spot on either one.
    You got a better chance than we do, good luck! BTW, should we contact the school that waitlisted us by the pre-registration deadline - this Friday? The offer letter says no action needed but can anyone share some experience?
    Last edited by lucyjf2012@gmail.com; 06-11-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achance View Post
    Can anybody shed any light on the difference between PS 133 and PS 115? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We currently have a spot in 133 but are also on a single digit # waitlist to 115. We are not familiar with the schools. Thanks!
    I was told by a mother that many Indian students in 133.

All the seats were taken in 188.

203 is still in process and will get the update next week.

All the seats were taken in 188.

203 is still in process and will get the update next week.
    Can you clarify what you mean by all seats taken at 188? Isn't it the same with 203 and all schools in general and we're just hoping for a few spots to come free for each school so that those on the waitlist can have a chance? Or do you mean every single offer in 188 registered and 203 is still in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by nico123 View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by all seats taken at 188? Isn't it the same with 203 and all schools in general and we're just hoping for a few spots to come free for each school so that those on the waitlist can have a chance? Or do you mean every single offer in 188 registered and 203 is still in the process?

I emailed 188 to see if any spots available for the wait list. And I got the reply "all seats have been taken";

Same email to 203 and got the reply "as we are still in the process, there is no update that may be provided until next week. stay tuned."

188 no chance for the waitlist, maybe a little chance for 203, I guess.

I emailed 188 to see if any spots available for the wait list. And I got the reply "all seats have been taken";

Same email to 203 and got the reply "as we are still in the process, there is no update that may be provided until next week. stay tuned."

188 no chance for the waitlist, maybe a little chance for 203, I guess.
    Ok thanks, I guess since today is the last day to register then at least 1 student must have not registered at 203 yet.

I heard from someone that even stitched from 115 to 188 and then to 203 after school started so not all is lost. Also 115 seems to have a solid gt program and perhaps less pressure on the kids since it's not mostly 98s and 99s. They even offer free afterschool for those interested.

Waitlist?

My daughter got accepted to the G&T at 203 but i would like to know how I can find out if my child is on the waitlist from one of the other G&T schools on our list?