+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SHSAT Scoring

Quote Originally Posted by greatness_2018 View Post
    For sure, but how will we be able to study?
    Yeah I was questioning that as well. Maybe by email, or private message.

I just received my score breakdown today.

ELA Section: 22/47 = 182
    Math Section: 28/47 = 219

As you can see my score was 401, showing that I barely studied.

Quote Originally Posted by hyper View Post
    I just received my score breakdown today.

ELA Section: 22/47 = 182
    Math Section: 28/47 = 219

As you can see my score was 401, showing that I barely studied.
    Yea, that will be ok. I will be going to tutoring during the summer for the 9th grade SHSAT. That will be 9:00am to 1:00pm so I will be able to squeeze some time in the afternoon by studying with you. I will probably be using the Barron's book also since Algebra I will be important factor in the math section. Btw if you study hard enough you will get into the school you want. You need a 600 to guarantee you a spot in a high school for 8th and 9th grade. Getting a 401 for someone who didn't study isn't great but you have a whole summer to improve!

Yea, that will be ok. I will be going to tutoring during the summer for the 9th grade SHSAT. That will be 9:00am to 1:00pm so I will be able to squeeze some time in the afternoon by studying with you. I will probably be using the Barron's book also since Algebra I will be important factor in the math section. Btw if you study hard enough you will get into the school you want. You need a 600 to guarantee you a spot in a high school for 8th and 9th grade. Getting a 401 for someone who didn't study isn't great but you have a whole summer to improve!
    Aw thanks, I just ordered the Barron's book (5th edition) because I heard that the Math is more complex than other books, so that should be great help. I found out that I did so much better on Math than I did on the ELA section so maybe I should start with Math first if that's my strength. Sadly, I can't go to any tutoring service (family reasons), so I guess I'll have to stick to the books.
    Last edited by hyper; 05-17-2018 at 04:44 PM. Reason: forgot something

Aw thanks, I just ordered the Barron's book (5th edition) because I heard that the Math is more complex than other books, so that should be great help. I found out that I did so much better on Math than I did on the ELA section so maybe I should start with Math first if that's my strength. Sadly, I can't go to any tutoring service (family reasons), so I guess I'll have to stick to the books.
    Ok, there are still great videos online about the SHSAT if you would like to check them out. If you are taking a regents class like me this year, you already have a headstart on the math section. I suggest you check Tyler Tutor on youtube and he has a website tylertutor.com. He is doing livestreams on SHSAT every Thursday at like 6:00pm or so. (With the tutoring service, tylertutor offers free private tutoring if you score a 100% on his online SHSAT practice test) If you are interested check it out!

Ok, there are still great videos online about the SHSAT if you would like to check them out. If you are taking a regents class like me this year, you already have a headstart on the math section. I suggest you check Tyler Tutor on youtube and he has a website tylertutor.com. He is doing livestreams on SHSAT every Thursday at like 6:00pm or so. (With the tutoring service, tylertutor offers free private tutoring if you score a 100% on his online SHSAT practice test) If you are interested check it out!
    I actually did check him out last week! I took his online test too. He's actually really helpful.

I actually did check him out last week! I took his online test too. He's actually really helpful.
    Oh, ok alright

Oh, ok alright
    So, we're you able to find out more about applying to regular high schools?

So, we're you able to find out more about applying to regular high schools?
    Yea I was! Thanks to @parent2k

Yea I was! Thanks to @parent2k
    Oh cool! What schools are you interested in? :0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast