+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: SHSAT Scoring

has anyone seen any updated scoring conversion charts for for the new 114 question shsat? my kid got a 320 math/321 ela but i wasn't able to get the raw score (guidance counselor got us the breakdown w/o having to review the test). thanks!

I don't think the DOE publishes the SHSAT scoring conversion chart. But if more people posted their raw and scaled ELA/Math scores from the most recent SHSAT, we could construct the chart. It would be especially helpful to know the raw-scaled ELA/Math scores at the high end, i.e., in the 40-47 (raw) range.

I had a 95 average and got denied from NEST. What were your state test scores? My ELA score was a 3.79 while my math was a 4.32

Quote Originally Posted by A.S.R.Y.E View Post
    It seems that people try to make out the 9th-grade SHSAT harder than it actually is, honestly just have good knowledge in Algebra and good grammar skills and you'll be fine TRUST ME
    ok.... So I have really good Math skills but I'm extremely bad at ELA lol. Oof, should I keep focusing on ELA or MATH? Because if I get over a 300 on the math, I can definitely get into some school. But I really want to get into BXSCI. and I don't think I can get a 270+ on ELA, my score on the SHSAT in 8th grade was a 508, and I got into Brooklyn Tech. I NEED ADVICE CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME.

Quote Originally Posted by A person112233 View Post
    ok.... So I have really good Math skills but I'm extremely bad at ELA lol. Oof, should I keep focusing on ELA or MATH? Because if I get over a 300 on the math, I can definitely get into some school. But I really want to get into BXSCI. and I don't think I can get a 270+ on ELA, my score on the SHSAT in 8th grade was a 508, and I got into Brooklyn Tech. I NEED ADVICE CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME.
    Uh I don't think a 570 can get you into Bronx Science in 9th grade. I heard a mid 500 can only get you into Brooklyn Tech so...

Anyways, definitely work on ela in my opinion. If you are confident in at least getting a 300 on the math portion, focus on your ela so, let's say, you ACCIDENTALLY make a mistake on the math, you have some ela to fall back on.

My daughter wanted to see her test as she did not do as well as she wanted to. Math 41 = 273. ELA 31 = 221.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8