+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCDTM View Post
    I have heard from others that you have to have all 4s on your report cards and high 4s in both ELA and Math state tests for NEST as it doesn't have its own admission test anymore.
    Anderson still has its own test but I am not sure about the cutoff
    Ok, thanks. My son has all 4's on his report card but state test scores are like 4.17 and 4.28. Great attendance. Not sure if he has a shot at Nest or not?

Quote Originally Posted by queensmama View Post
    Ok, thanks. My son has all 4's on his report card but state test scores are like 4.17 and 4.28. Great attendance. Not sure if he has a shot at Nest or not?
    Based on what I heard last year, the very few kids who got in had very high state test scores (perfect in one and 1 wrong in the other) and 4 in everything else. But I can't be sure. Anyone went to the open house yet and asked about cutoffs last year? Last year was the first year they didn't do their own assessment test and I'd assume the trend would be similar this year

Based on what I heard last year, the very few kids who got in had very high state test scores (perfect in one and 1 wrong in the other) and 4 in everything else. But I can't be sure. Anyone went to the open house yet and asked about cutoffs last year? Last year was the first year they didn't do their own assessment test and I'd assume the trend would be similar this year
    At the Open House they said there were kids who got in the 3's who have gotten in???! I'm not sure how that is possible..... What is your score if you get one wrong on the state test? 4.4?

Quote Originally Posted by queensmama View Post
    At the Open House they said there were kids who got in the 3's who have gotten in???! I'm not sure how that is possible..... What is your score if you get one wrong on the state test? 4.4?
    Hmm. Are those scoring 3 ICT or non-ICT kids? I think getting one wrong is 4.4x?

Hmm. Are those scoring 3 ICT or non-ICT kids? I think getting one wrong is 4.4x?
    No, not ICT kids. Maybe they were referring to kids who got in in previous years when there was a test?

Quote Originally Posted by smconde View Post
    My son was just admitted to Anderson as a 6th grader (we got our DOE match on Friday). I called Anderson this morning to follow up and was told they've taken 12 new kids for 6th grade and 9 kids for 7th grade this year. Not sure how many are ICT vs. gen ed. Also, no idea about how many kids were accepted to NEST+m , but it is correct that they don't do their own test anymore. Now they use the report card and the state test scores from 4th grade.
    How has your son's experience been at Anderson? Just received an email for 7th grade admission. Totally unexpected. We are trying to figure out if it's worth changing schools for just 7th and 8th grade.

We've been very happy, happy to talk in more detail off list.