+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2018 Summer Discovery Program

Hi! I scored a 476 on my SHSAT and was given a chance to attend the summer discovery program for Staten Island Tech. I was wondering what are the requirements to get an offer? I know that attendance is one of them but will they give us a final exam or will it purely based on behavior and classworks?
    Last edited by fufu_ice; 07-03-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fufu_ice View Post
    Hi! I scored a 475 on my SHSAT and was given a chance to attend the summer discovery program for Staten Island Tech. I was wondering what are the requirements to get an offer? I know that attendance is one of them but will they give us a final exam or will it purely based on behavior and classworks?
    They will give you a final exam at the end of the program. Good luck and I hope you get in!

Hi, I got into the one at Latin. I was wondering when does your program start? Mine starts July 9th.

Many people said that students who got invited to the program in May also receive a confirmation letter in June.
    But I didn't receive one, does it mean I didn't get in?

I received my confirmation letter today and I’m taking the program at Tech. If you have your guidance counselor’s email or phone number, you should check in with them about the confirmation. It may come in a few days, since people will receive their letters at different times. I’m pretty sure if you complete the application and had your principal/guidance counselor’s signature, your pretty much accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime View Post
    Hi, I got into the one at Latin. I was wondering when does your program start? Mine starts July 9th.
    My program starts on the 5th so this Thursday
    Quote Originally Posted by richard.zhao View Post
    Many people said that students who got invited to the program in May also receive a confirmation letter in June.
    But I didn't receive one, does it mean I didn't get in?
    I think so because I got the invitation in May and the confirmation letter by mail on the 28th? 29th? and from guidance counselor the day before school ended (the 26th). However, if you gave in your paper on time, aren't you already accepted into the program? You might want to check with the high school admission people. Just email them.

I wish I started early like you, so I could just get started. The DOE made a mistake on my paper, my program actually starts the 10th, so next week Tuesday. Could you tell me what you did on the first day and any important things they mentioned? Also, are you taking it at Staten Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Anime View Post
    I wish I started early like you, so I could just get started. The DOE made a mistake on my paper, my program actually starts the 10th, so next week Tuesday. Could you tell me what you did on the first day and any important things they mentioned? Also, are you taking it at Staten Island?
    Are you sure your program starts on the 10th? I checked the paper my guidance counselor gave out with all the schools, dates, times, location, contact info, and etc. and none of them start on the 10th.

Latin: July 9th-August 9th at Brooklyn Tech
    Brooklyn Tech: July 9th-August 2nd
    Bronx Science: July 2nd-July 27th
    HSMSE: July 9th-August 9th
    HSAS: July 5th-August 2nd
    York: July 2nd-July 19th
    SI Tech: July 5th-August 6th
    Stuy: July 2nd-July 20th

Yeah. Brooklyn Latin sent me a letter and it said on the paper the program starts the 10th, and the parent coordinator of Latin also said next Tuesday which is the the 10th. Tomorrow I’ll call the DOE just to ensure.

Quote Originally Posted by fufu_ice View Post
    Are you sure your program starts on the 10th? I checked the paper my guidance counselor gave out with all the schools, dates, times, location, contact info, and etc. and none of them start on the 10th.

Latin: July 9th-August 9th at Brooklyn Tech
    Brooklyn Tech: July 9th-August 2nd
    Bronx Science: July 2nd-July 27th
    HSMSE: July 9th-August 9th
    HSAS: July 5th-August 2nd
    York: July 2nd-July 19th
    SI Tech: July 5th-August 6th
    Stuy: July 2nd-July 20th
    OMG?!?!? Stuy had the Discovery Program this year!?!?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast