+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    Currently I think the only way to get that is to request a review of your test which means going there in person.
    Thank you. Seems to be the case indeed. Here's the link with the procedure if anyone interested: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-l...dmissions-test

so on the school choice, do I need to put Stuy only or Stuy n Btech?

Quote Originally Posted by aat211 View Post
    Thank you. Seems to be the case indeed. Here's the link with the procedure if anyone interested: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-l...dmissions-test
    Yes, and note that a student cannot do this alone, they need a parent or guardian with them (and everybody with IDs)
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Quote Originally Posted by jennylau View Post
    so on the school choice, do I need to put Stuy only or Stuy n Btech?
    If I got your situation correctly at the point you'd be retaking it you'd already be in Tech. So you would only put down Stuy.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

High School Admissions Round 2 Fair

Saturday, March 30 and Sunday March 31
    From 11am-2pm both days

Bayard Rustin, 351 18th Street, New York, NY 10011

Reps from all Round 2 HSs will be there!!
    This is for incoming 9th graders AND incoming 10th graders!!!

NOTE: EVEN IF YOU GOT A ROUND 1 OFFER you can still do Round 2
    NOTE: Round 2 applications are due ***Friday, April 5, 2019****

Location is 18th between 8th and 9th Aves,near A, C, E, L, / 1, / 2, 3, F, M trains, M11, M12, M14A, M14D, M20, M23-SBS, M55, M7 busses
    Last edited by GregsTutoringNYC; 03-22-2019 at 11:10 PM.

You have to give up "round 1" offer to apply for "round 2", do you?

High School Admissions Round 2 Fair

THIS Saturday, March 30 and THIS Sunday March 31
    From 11am-2pm both days

Bayard Rustin, 351 18th Street, New York, NY 10011

Reps from all Round 2 HSs will be there!!
    This is for incoming 9th graders AND incoming 10th graders!!!

NOTE: EVEN IF YOU GOT A ROUND 1 OFFER you can still do Round 2
    NOTE: Round 2 applications are due ***Friday, April 5, 2019****

Location is 18th between 8th and 9th Aves,near A, C, E, L, / 1, / 2, 3, F, M trains, M11, M12, M14A, M14D, M20, M23-SBS, M55, M7 busses

Currently I think the only way to get that is to request a review of your test which means going there in person.
    What are we able to see when we review the test in person?

Quote Originally Posted by evefeng View Post
    You have to give up "round 1" offer to apply for "round 2", do you?
    If you don't get a round 2 offer you can keep your round 1 offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinad25 View Post
    What are we able to see when we review the test in person?
    The test questions and the answers. IIRC you only have an hour to review it. You can bring a parent/guardian. Since the point of looking at the test is to see if there were errors in your score, the truth of the matter is that it's a tall order, and the guardian maybe should be well versed in the test too.

Hello,
    I am going into Brooklyn Tech for high school, but I want to try for Stuyvesant in 9th grade. All I know about the 9th grade SHSAT is that it is harder. Can you tell me if the scoring is similar to the 8th grade one, and if you know any cutoff scores (specifically for Stuy)? Also, is there anything else I need to know to take the test?
    Thanks!