+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks Greg. [QUOTE]https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollme...-to-heading-40

I went to one of the CEC meets to understand the SHSAT cancellation/replacement pitch. It was a weird weird drama. Couldn't get one question answered ! It is most certainly on its way out; SHSAT, especially now that State Senate is in progressive control. Only compromise might be stretched implementation or SHSAT having a 25% weight. or a Quarter of seats... while 60/70% seats will be eventually handed out to achieve diversity of income/race/ELL/middle schools. Principal's recommendation ( a few seats) from each school will also considered. Pure Test-based ranking is going going gone.

you have to look at the school's website for most up to date info or the DOEs diversity initiative page. I know Millenium Bk and Bard Queens set aside starting this year. On another board, Millennium Manhattan JUST CHANGED their admission priorities this week week - #1 is still kids below Houston st, but they get rid of #2 Manhattan. now its open to any boro after #1

[QUOTE=QueensMom;16652]Thanks Greg.
    I went to one of the CEC meets to understand the SHSAT cancellation/replacement pitch. It was a weird weird drama. Couldn't get one question answered ! It is most certainly on its way out; SHSAT, especially now that State Senate is in progressive control. Only compromise might be stretched implementation or SHSAT having a 25% weight. or a Quarter of seats... while 60/70% seats will be eventually handed out to achieve diversity of income/race/ELL/middle schools. Principal's recommendation ( a few seats) from each school will also considered. Pure Test-based ranking is going going gone.
    Yes, I saw one such meeting on YouTube, politics at its finest. Actually worse, because not only did they double talk every question they did not even know the answer to most and those they gave were red herrings. And IMO for every problem with the SHSAT there is X more awaiting via its removal. There is a problem but their solution does not reach diversity and is a solution looking for a problem that will take even more years to fix as it pretends to be implemented.

There is already some other weak solutions that TPTB could have moved on or at least tried to move on and that they haven't either means there is lots of hope still or they're waiting for the right time to snipe.

Also, while the mayor is getting flack I'm not convinced he actually agrees with the words coming out of his mouth nor that he agrees with his chancellor. Joy joy on both
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)