+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    On the DOE website:
    New Schools Round: If Applicable, and Optional
    Your child may also be eligible to apply to new middle schools or programs after the middle school application deadline. If so, you will be invited to apply during the New Schools Round in February.

May be this is for new middle schools/programs?

Oh, that's different. There is often a new schools round, when new schools and new programs might come about that were not previously available. IIRC that provides you two offers in that case that the offer was available to you. The "new round" is distinct from your previous application, at least it has is the past.
    Last edited by GregsTutoringNYC; 02-04-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Someone definitely running amok because now it says "CAN EDIT UNTIL 12/14/19" which is clearly a mistake (and a year late). Yesterday it said 2/15/19, which I thought might allow parents of Anderson test takers to juggle their choices, but with this new date I'm not sure. You can go into the application and make changes though, so not sure what's going on over there.

The code was still being written in October when specialized HS families were entering their info, and it was devoid of feedback and sounds like it still is. It's amazing with all the resources possible before NYC they can't do this. I'm guessing the Dec 14 mention is referring to next year's submission but why they're modifying for that already makes no sense. It should be quiescent until results are in except for additional rounds and new programs. As to Anderson, that was something folks picked already so shouldn't be any variation for that at this point if I'm understanding you.
    Last edited by GregsTutoringNYC; 02-05-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Agreed. Oh and for Anderson, just meant that test takers who thought they did well could potentially move Anderson up their list of preferences and test takers who thought they did poorly still have the opportunity to move another school ahead of it.

That would be mayhem'ish if they allowed that.

One thing I noticed is that it is often hard to assess whether the test results (really) went well or not, so it's best to strategize and hatch a plan beforehand.

Also, it wouldn't effect those who did "poorly" too much as the option they'd move ahead of it would most likely be their next choice anyway which all other things being ok they'd get either way.
    Last edited by GregsTutoringNYC; 02-05-2019 at 02:32 PM.