+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Ask Me Anything: IamA professional SHSAT tutor & graduate of Stuyvesant High School. Working on publishing my first textbook.

Hello! I graduated from Stuy in 2010. My younger brother graduated from Stuy in 2015. I've been tutoring students for the SHSAT since senior year. I've taught hundreds of students in classes and have tutored dozens of individual students for the SHSAT & ACT. I have 200+ reviews on WyzAnt.

I'm working on publishing my own test prep book for the SHSAT since all of the current textbooks are either out-of-date since the 2017/2018 revisions or packed with practice questions but still lack adequate instructional content.

What topics were inadequately covered in your prep classes or textbooks when you/your child took the exam? What do you wish you knew about the SHSAT before you took the exam? What surprised you on the exam? Any questions about student life at Stuyvesant?
    Last edited by KennyTan; 01-20-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Hi Kenny. I'm another tutor; we met on the WyzAnt forum maybe 3 years ago but I left it maybe 2.5 years ago I found it overly constraining and a hard value. Glad to see you're doing well. Best of luck on the SHSAT text. A good SHSAT text is needed. Too many with too many errors, recycled vacuous type of filler and never quite hitting home what the test and schools are needing.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)