+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Is this the lowest possible or for a specific school?

okay so. i'm an 8th grader here in new york who took the shsat in october 2018. of course the preparation was stressful but now it has become so that the acceptance is the real stress. although im sure i did well on the math, my ela was pretty difficult, which gives me a reason to doubt my acceptance. i put stuy first but ill be happy to get into tech (which is also where im looking to go). based on 2016 and 2017 's results, they have come out on a wednesday. i know it varies every year, especially with court cases and such this year, but i predict it may actually be wednesday of this coming week , the date 3/13/19. i have no concrete evidence to prove this but that's just my prediction. i literally cant wait any longer and i really hope they come out this week. as for myschools, i have only now heard of online posting of the results. are they actually going to do this?

Same here, I hope it do too

Yes, they are going to provide a way to access the offer online through myschools.nyc Myschools did not exist last year so this is the first year they'll be doing it. It will also go out in physical US Mail, and guidance counselors and Welcome Centers will also have access.

I will call again on Monday morning to see if they've changed anything about the ETA.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    Yes, they are going to provide a way to access the offer online through myschools.nyc Myschools did not exist last year so this is the first year they'll be doing it. It will also go out in physical US Mail, and guidance counselors and Welcome Centers will also have access.

I will call again on Monday morning to see if they've changed anything about the ETA.
    do you know when (an approximation of course) they will be available through myschools?

In all forms, the last they said was "week of March 18." Mind you the DOE NEVER gives exact dates on this stuff.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, ISEE, SSAT, ERB, ...)

Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    In all forms, the last they said was "week of March 18." Mind you the DOE NEVER gives exact dates on this stuff.
    yes, they don't, and it kind of frustrates me lol. can't it be before the week of the 18th ? i dont really know if my prediction is correct, but what do you think about this week?

What I think? I think the DOE is being negligent. They'd had the information computed and available for months, and IMO they could have provided it already. The court case is just being a "red herring."

Our child’s middle school sent out an e-mail blast tonight telling 8th graders to expect high school results in “mid-to late March”.

THIS IS UNRELATED TO SHSAT

but does anyone know how to get a job over the summer under the nyc doe program thing. 15 years old and my parents are pushing me for a job. Is there somewhere we're supposed to sign up? Does anyone know anything about it? Ik this should be its own thread but i forgot how to make one and most of you seem educated on this stuff anyways.