+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

SHSAT Cutoff 2019

In a document to Judge Ramos, who is deciding the case against deBlasio, a Board of Education employee has stated that "under the current plan, there would be approximately 528 seats in the Specialized High Schools assigned through the Discovery Program. In that case, the SHSAT cutoff score would be 486...under last year's plan, if reinstated, there would be approximately 252 seats assigned through the Discovery Program. In that case, the SHSAT cut-off score is expected to be 481."

Hey Baseballmom, I was under the impression that the Mayor was aiming to take the discovery up to 20 percent this year which would mean far higher numbers than these. Is that your understanding? Do you mind sharing the link to the document mentioned?

Thanks!

I found it on the Facebook group keepshsat - its from a tweet by Christina Vega. It contains the entire court document. The mayors plan to increase Discovery to 20% is being implemented over 2 years - so this year it will be 13% and next year up to the full 20%.

TrueNorth - This is the link to the twitter feed that its on - the document is attached to the feed.

Good information, thanks. I'm not terribly excited about the change but I guess whatever will be will be...

Hmmm Link appears to be dead. I'll try again later.

That variance 481 versus 486 sure does sound wrong, but with all the double talking of the lawyers AND that the formula for the SHSAT is secret, well, here we are. Also, the city can tweak whatever they want to their advantage, it's their formula to control even independent of the Discovery concerns.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

IIRC the 20% was by 2020. That said, I believe they will still up the number to 30 and beyond.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Hmmm Link appears to be dead. I'll try again later.
    Here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KG7...gVt5apLmv/view

I was thinking the same thing. Did you read that document? Why are they only referencing one child from the lawsuit? They are basically saying that she is not affected by the expanded discovery (because she scored too low to qualify) and therefore the plaintiffs have no standing. The author of the document works for board of Ed - Im really skeptical of the validity of any of this data. Wouldnt it be prudent (since the information is readily available) to create a spreadsheet listing all the students involved in lawsuit with their score and whether they would get in through new discovery v old discovery. Then look at the children who would get in with expanded discovery and compare? This data would clearly prove impact one way or the other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast