+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 544
  1. #101
    The 9th grade SHSAT math includes the 8th grade SHSAT math with additional stuff. Technically the 8th grade SHSAT math is Grade 7 math, and technically the 9th grade SHSAT is Grade 8 (and Grade 7) math. Each has a few things added.

    I've done a bunch of videos on this, which can be found on my "Gregs Tutoring" YouTube channel found at

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQE...rYueiTg/videos

    and it runs the gamut from a list of the math topics, to sample math (and ELA) sessions, to a series I'm literally doing right now on Grade 7&8 math, general SHSAT advice, and other testing videos.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

  2. #102
    Does anybody know if we get into the Discovery Program will they take care of everything that should had been taken care of already? Say, if you got into the BTHS Discovery Program would you get the Blue Cards and everything that should had been taken care of already if you were to get in by SHSAT score? This usually happens on the third of April, yesterday.

  3. #103
    I can't answer your whole question, but I can tell you that BTHS has only just begun the blue card process. And if i were you I'd feel pretty assured that they have a system to deal with that for those entering via Discovery. Remember, Discovery isn't new at BTHS.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by MWBT2019 View Post
    I can't answer your whole question, but I can tell you that BTHS has only just begun the blue card process. And if i were you I'd feel pretty assured that they have a system to deal with that for those entering via Discovery. Remember, Discovery isn't new at BTHS.
    Thanks, but do you know if a 485 is enough to make the cut for Discovery? I meet the other two requirements.

  5. #105
    I don’t know anything about the cutoff, I’m sorry

  6. #106
    Every NYC public school uses the "blue card." In the case of Tech I think they're just dotting their i's and crossing their t's stronger than other schools, plus ensuring a tight ship by requiring it for the orientation. With 6000 students the place is larger than most cities. 8)
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

  7. #107
    Hi, quick question here: i got a 479 on my shsat and am in 8th grade. I was wondering if I could be part of the discovery program? I am low income, and my school gets discovery students almost every year. But the thing is, I called the DOE and they said my point was 1 score too high to be in discovery for any of the schools. I'm kinda confused since I've read that the cuttoff for discovery is 500 for stuy, and thats what I put first. Help plz? Thank u!

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by just a nyc student View Post
    Hi, quick question here: i got a 479 on my shsat and am in 8th grade. I was wondering if I could be part of the discovery program? I am low income, and my school gets discovery students almost every year. But the thing is, I called the DOE and they said my point was 1 score too high to be in discovery for any of the schools. I'm kinda confused since I've read that the cuttoff for discovery is 500 for stuy, and thats what I put first. Help plz? Thank u!
    I’m really confused too, so either they’re correct and we’re both screwed, or they meant you were 1 point less since it’s usually 480s or something idk. I’ll call again tomorrow and this time ask for the full RANGE of scores for the Discovery.
    Last edited by shsathelp; 04-05-2019 at 03:59 PM.

  9. #109
    But the lowest cutoff score for ANY school was 488. So they're not going to allow Discovery-eligible kids in who truly "just miss that cutoff" (i.e., score 479-487)?

    just a nyc student, I do not question that what you're reporting is what you were told. I hope everyone concerned with this calls the DOE to find out the full range. If you share the phone number I will call too. (I hope some @NYTimes reporters are reading)


    Adding @elizashapiro
    Last edited by MWBT2019; 04-05-2019 at 04:08 PM. Reason: more and better

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by MWBT2019 View Post
    But the lowest cutoff score for ANY school was 488. So they're not going to allow Discovery-eligible kids in who truly "just miss that cutoff" (i.e., score 479-487)?

    just a nyc student, I do not question that what you're reporting is what you were told. I hope everyone concerned with this calls the DOE to find out the full range. If you share the phone number I will call too. (I hope some @NYTimes reporters are reading)


    Adding @elizashapiro
    So am I eligible with a 485 or nah? @MWBT2019

    I meet the other two requirements
    Last edited by shsathelp; 04-05-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: tag

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts