+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast
    THEY GAVE ME SO MUCH HW BUT THANK GOD I FINISHED IT. The day went by really fast today and it was really fun and a great experience,Ela was 3x better than math

Quote Originally Posted by tommy feng View Post
    THEY GAVE ME SO MUCH HW BUT THANK GOD I FINISHED IT. The day went by really fast today and it was really fun and a great experience,Ela was 3x better than math
    Did you get any English homework? Also did you do all of your math homework on a separate piece of paper? Did you have to do some already pre-made worksheet for homework? My teacher wasn't that clear, so the end of math was chaos, people trying to get snacks while other people confused on homework since he just wrote some things on the board and I'm sure he said something else that was homework that wasn't on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy feng View Post
    How are your grades doing right now?

im doing great it really matters about your score on the test

@tommy feng

Did you get an eMail from an address ending in "@gmail.com" confirming you got in?

Nevermind, just got a letter in the mail. I passed the program!

Congrats folks!

I'm curious if anybody would like to describe their experience?
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    Congrats folks!

I'm curious if anybody would like to describe their experience?
    The goal was overall very low, but the topics were quite hard since my middle school didn't teach most of these math subjects. It was generally very exciting to go to the program, but some homework was quite hard and long.

Glad to hear you found it exciting. Hope your 4 years goes similarly! What advice would you give others in your shoes?

Anybody else have any thoughts on their experience?
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

So according to our teacher, everyone got in (at least at bths). The experience was great overall, and we got an advantage as we knew how the school was laid out. We did have a cheating scandal thing where kids got the answer key since they used the same exams every year, and a couple kids got caught. Essentially the takeaway is just to do homework and you'll be fine. The coursework was algebra 1, tiny bit of calculus (quite interesting) and mostly algebra 2 which was weird cuz most people take geometry in freshman year.

The acceptance letter for those curious: https://i.gyazo.com/34c0f5daf77350dd...3e2e27dd5c.jpg
    These don't even have your names on them so i wonder if any random person could make a copy and give it in
    Last edited by anon123; 08-19-2019 at 11:05 AM.