+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41
    Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    To the best of whatever I've ever heard, nobody ever gets told this answer; it seems a secret.
    Are we guaranteed a seat in the program once we give our GCs the application? Or are we still being decided?

i dont know how to explain it thats what my counselor told me

I'd insist they put it in writing then, which won't happen.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy feng View Post
    i dont know how to explain it thats what my counselor told me
    Sorry for asking this but are you replying to me?

I got into the Discovery Program for Brooklyn Tech. Do I have to attend the program every single day? I was planning to go on vacation and I would miss about a week of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisKid View Post
    I got into the Discovery Program for Brooklyn Tech. Do I have to attend the program every single day? I was planning to go on vacation and I would miss about a week of the program.
    They want less than 3 days of absence, but for the "absence" part you might be able to get away if your parents are super in on the vacation so it's considered "needed absence."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisKid View Post
    I mean seeing how the discovery program is like a 2nd chance for kids who didnt get into a SHS in the first try, missing an entire week for a "vacation" doesn't seem like a good idea. But hey you do you.