+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    It probably doesn't mean that. But as they did not use myschools looks like unfortunately the DOE continues to allow some of this to be blowing in the wind.
    Hey Greg I didn’t need to hand in any documents , who does the email get sent to?

I don't know. You did have to at least have one signed document, but the one I saw had no email designation field. Anybody?
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    I don't know. You did have to at least have one signed document, but the one I saw had no email designation field. Anybody?
    I'm guessing they already had the emails in their records when they sent out applications. Maybe they will inform the schools because they have a whole area for school contact info

Does anyone know if the DOE gives metro cards for the discovery program? I live pretty far away and metro cards are costly.

iinewbie got his letter but i didnt get mine yet. does anyone know why? Im really scared because we live right next to each other and he got his yesterday and i still havent got mine yet.I got higher then him on the shsat and my income is 2000 more than his.Is it possible that there is a delay?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy feng View Post
    iinewbie got his letter but i didnt get mine yet. does anyone know why? Im really scared because we live right next to each other and he got his yesterday and i still havent got mine yet.I got higher then him on the shsat and my income is 2000 more than his.Is it possible that there is a delay?
    Did you get a confirmation email? Did you ask your parents if they did?

Quote Originally Posted by iiNewbie View Post
    Does anyone know if the DOE gives metro cards for the discovery program? I live pretty far away and metro cards are costly.
    They do give out metrocards but if i remember correctly, you gotta take care of the first 1-2 days of the last 1-2 days yourself

US mail can vary Tommy, but if by Friday you don't have it def go to your guidance counselor Friday morning.

As to metrocards, IIRC the programs across the SHS are not the exact same hours nor the same total day counts, so that may effect full coverage or not too, definitely something to find out and post here.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

is it true that brooklyn tech discovery get there letters later? is it possible for me to get the letter next week. and no i dont have a comfirmation email

are the letters from the specialized hs or the DOE? Does every school hand them out differently