+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Middle School Application Result

Does anyone here know when the middle school acceptance letters will be sent out? I'm anxious to know the result.

Sometime in April

My school parent coordinator today told me that DOE scheduled a workshop for schools to review middle school admissions on April 10th. Therefore she assumed the result should be out after the workshop. Maybe the week of April 15th.

I think today is the day. In the morning, when I logged in my nyc school account, I saw the round 2 application link is available there. Fingers crossed.

Mine does not show Round 2 application yet. As DOE terribly pushes back both high school and GT results this year, I doubt we would receive the round 1 by this week. But hope everyone is happy with the result then.

You will see round 2 application link when you click "Edit profile". Also yesterday I wasn't able to see the schools I applied for my son back in November last year. This morning, all of a sudden, I'm able to see them. They must be making changes to the website to prepare for release of the application result.

Does anyone what the chances are of getting in in round two? Particularly curious about the G&T schools like Anderson, TAG, Nest, Q300.. I'm assuming no one gets in in round two since they obviously have way more applicants than they can take in round 1? Do the schools you pick for round 2 have to be the same as round 1?

Quote Originally Posted by queensmama View Post
    Does anyone what the chances are of getting in in round two? Particularly curious about the G&T schools like Anderson, TAG, Nest, Q300.. I'm assuming no one gets in in round two since they obviously have way more applicants than they can take in round 1? Do the schools you pick for round 2 have to be the same as round 1?
    Round 2, i assume, has only schools that did not have enough applicants and have open seats. I doubt schools with too many applicants will even be on the list.
    Last edited by QueensMom; 04-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by queensmama View Post
    Round 2 schools are new schools, or schools that added new programs, for the most part. R2 is not intended to duplicate R1. By participating in R2 you are forfeiting R1 for all intents and purposes.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Got it, thanks! Do you know when the matches will be delivered and how? (Online or via letter at school?)