+ Reply to Thread

NYC GnT OLSAT - how are questions read

When kids are applying to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade GnT in NYC, they take the exam in a small group and fill in bubble sheets, but who reads the OLSAT questions to them?

It seems that the administrator should do that out loud, but if the kids are in a group, how does this work - are not they working at a different pace? I guess, the proctor waits for all to finish before they more to the next question...??

On the other hand, if the kids (perhaps the older ones) happen to read the questions themselves, then how does the administrator know they read them only once (the exam instructions say the Qs need to be read only once)?

If someone is certain about this, please let me know. Thx

I was told that the instructors read the questions to the kids. The questions are only read once and not repeated - the books the children have do not have words in them.

IIRC the script the proctor reads is detailed in the G&T handbook. I don't see why it wouldn't work in a group.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

The questions are definitely read out loud by the adminstrator for the first grade entrance. The child just has the answers.