+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 132
  1. #21
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    153
    This is very interesting. Do the other four district programs have accelerated curricula? Also, what does "enrichment" consist of exactly?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by nanerssonne View Post
    This is very interesting. Do the other four district programs have accelerated curricula? Also, what does "enrichment" consist of exactly?
    My understanding none of the other 4 programs have acceleration in math.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker1997 View Post
    My understanding none of the other 4 programs have acceleration in math.
    I wonder if different people have different definitions. Define acceleration.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    I wonder if different people have different definitions. Define acceleration.
    Start the year a grade above (i.e. *start* grade 3 with grade 4 math). Except K (which is a combination of K and 1).

  5. #25
    Dear District 30 GT parents,

    If you have any information about the open seats of each school for 1st grade, please share. And which district GT school is the best? Thank you!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens_moms View Post
    Dear District 30 GT parents,

    If you have any information about the open seats of each school for 1st grade, please share. And which district GT school is the best? Thank you!
    What was your score?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker1997 View Post
    What was your score?
    My daughter score 99,she is currently in Kindergarten, but I think it is difficult to get in Q300.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens_moms View Post
    My daughter score 99,she is currently in Kindergarten, but I think it is difficult to get in Q300.
    If commute is not an issue, ps 122 or ps 150 have a more established program. Ps 150 has a lot more arts related programs if your daughter likes arts, music, drama.

  9. #29

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker1997 View Post
    If commute is not an issue, ps 122 or ps 150 have a more established program. Ps 150 has a lot more arts related programs if your daughter likes arts, music, drama.
    Thank you very much for your information. My daughter likes art programs, but I heard 150 has accelerated math, that will be a challenge. Thank you again and appreciate your reply.

  10. #30
    Rank the D30 schools in the order that you like them.
    Yes, 150 has accelerated math but it's not like the other schools are not letting kids accelerate, even if it's not the explicit policy of the school to do so.
    All the schools offer art, music, gym, etc.
    Q300 (citywide) does offer more specials but it's the only school asking its parents for a suggested contribution of $1400.
    In order of difficulty, it's 217, 122, 85, and usually a tie between 166 and 150. 150 parents, especially those on D30 ed parent group will argue vociferously that it and 122 are the hardest, but 217 and 122 usually fill up with non-sibs who are citywide eligible and this was happening before the end of auto articulation to 122.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts