+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker1997 View Post
    Actually it makes no sense that teachers let selective students to advance one grade in advance while others stay the same grade. Itís public school , teachers have no time and energy to deal with two different curriculums at the same time. It is unreasonable to expect private school effort from public schools. Not to mention this will draw complaints from some parents why their kids are not accelerated 1 grade.
    The school does not work the way you think. When my son was in his 4th grade, he had a classmate from 2nd grade in his math class. I had a conversation with the student's mother. The kid could remember the complete chemistry elements chart without anyone pushing him in the family. In one word, the public school has its way to deal with unique intelligent kid.

After talking to some parents:
    150Ė the accelerated math makes it difficult initially and some kids have had to get private tutors to catch up. Homework in K can be up to 1 hour. Principal also not too easy to get along with but not sure that matters. Putting kids in the Annex can be an issue for some parents. They didnít know who the K teacher would be bc they change the teachers.
    122- a long history of teachers who have had the higher scoring kids in District 30. The teachers do not seem to change much at all and have many years of experience. The teachers prep the kids well for 4th grade testing. Homework not too bad and not on weekends. Afterschool on site has to be 5 days of week and Serious Fun kids bussed to 85.

Quote Originally Posted by ledgie1 View Post
    After talking to some parents:
    150– the accelerated math makes it difficult initially and some kids have had to get private tutors to catch up. Homework in K can be up to 1 hour. Principal also not too easy to get along with but not sure that matters. Putting kids in the Annex can be an issue for some parents. They didn’t know who the K teacher would be bc they change the teachers.
    122- a long history of teachers who have had the higher scoring kids in District 30. The teachers do not seem to change much at all and have many years of experience. The teachers prep the kids well for 4th grade testing. Homework not too bad and not on weekends. Afterschool on site has to be 5 days of week and Serious Fun kids bussed to 85.
    Thank you so much for your sharing here, this really helps my ranking. I don't like to put much pressure on the kids especially at young age, but I think 150 has very good curriculums, I had a hard time to rank 150 in my list, now I know how to do.

Does Q300 have accelerated math? I heard city wide GT schools advance 1 year.

@Queens_moms, based on what I heard at the open house, no accelerated math at q300.

Quote Originally Posted by nanerssonne View Post
    @Queens_moms, based on what I heard at the open house, no accelerated math at q300.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuy2013 View Post
    The school does not work the way you think. When my son was in his 4th grade, he had a classmate from 2nd grade in his math class. I had a conversation with the student's mother. The kid could remember the complete chemistry elements chart without anyone pushing him in the family. In one word, the public school has its way to deal with unique intelligent kid.
    What school? To be honest, I never heard of what you described in district 30. If it’s district 30, please share.

All I hear re 150 is the arts program and the accelerated math. Does 122 have any art programs/specials?

Anyone applying for 1st grade receive result yet, I can't see anything after login myschool. Kindergarten already has result!

Quote Originally Posted by Queens_moms View Post
    Anyone applying for 1st grade receive result yet, I can't see anything after login myschool. Kindergarten already has result!
    Weíre applying for 1st grade and no result is showing up yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast