+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Which grade is she going into? I know someone got 93 and was offered a spot in K last year. And another person got 96 for 1st grade and was accepted as well. Both do not have any siblings in the school. Since K is the lowest grade this school offers and has two classes, I think chances to get in is much higher compared to PS 229 which has only 1 G&T class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveandthree View Post
    Which grade is she going into? I know someone got 93 and was offered a spot in K last year. And another person got 96 for 1st grade and was accepted as well. Both do not have any siblings in the school. Since K is the lowest grade this school offers and has two classes, I think chances to get in is much higher compared to PS 229 which has only 1 G&T class.
    Apologies - should have clarified this is for Kindergarten.

Got it. Have you considered Q300? I think the chances of going into kindergarten is much higher with 99, and there's school bus service in the district which's very helpful. It was our first choice for 1st grade last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveandthree View Post
    Got it. Have you considered Q300? I think the chances of going into kindergarten is much higher with 99, and there's school bus service in the district which's very helpful. It was our first choice for 1st grade last year.
    We're definitely applying to Q300 first but keeping conservative expectations considering how popular these citywide schools and we have no sibling priority. What we're struggling now with is deciding G&T order in district 24. We're deciding between ACE Academy for Scholars and IS 119.

Again, thank you so much for your insight. Its sooooo helpful!

No worries, good luck!!

Thanks. Also looking at Ace or Glendale. Any thoughts on 229 or 153?