+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

District 24 Gifted and Talented School Info?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this whole process and this site has been very informative. I was wondering if anyone had any information on these following schools (cutoffs, quality of the program, total G&T seats etc.):

A.C.E. Academy for Scholars at the Geraldine Ferraro Campus (24Q290)
    P.S. 229 Emanuel Kaplan (24Q229)
    I.S. 119 The Glendale (24Q119)
    P.S. 153 Maspeth Elem (24Q153)

My child got a 97, and I understand being a non-sibling that pretty much kills citywide for me. Should I even list it?

Thank you in advance to all your help.
    Last edited by acollado815; 04-17-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Hi, which grade is your child applying to?

I'd be interested in learning about these schools as well as we are zoned in District 24 too!

K

Our child will be entering k.

Thank you.

My child is in 119 for 1st grade, she got accepted into TAG through waitlist but we stayed with 119 due to commute. I am happy with 119 and I think the quality of the teachers are good as well. There are 2 G&T classes (believe 25 seats in each class)and 2 Regular classes in each grade. I am applying my son to go to K this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveandthree View Post
    My child is in 119 for 1st grade, she got accepted into TAG through waitlist but we stayed with 119 due to commute. I am happy with 119 and I think the quality of the teachers are good as well. There are 2 G&T classes (believe 25 seats in each class)and 2 Regular classes in each grade. I am applying my son to go to K this year as well.
    Any insight into bullying? Normally I take these things with a grain of salt but I saw a few comments under greatschool.org mention bullying.

https://www.greatschools.org/new-yor...-The-Glendale/

I'm glad to say I haven't heard complains from her, the lower grades are separated from upper grades in a connected but separate side of the building so hopefully that helps. And correction on the class size, 25 kids is for K classes, 32 or so is for 1st grade.

I'm glad to say I haven't heard complains from her, the lower grades are separated from upper grades in a connected but separate side of the building so hopefully that helps. And correction on the class size, 25 kids is for K classes, 32 or so is for 1st grade.
    Thank you so much.

Makes sense that they separate them. I thought it'd be odd for 8th graders to be walking around the halls with Kindergarteners.

You're welcome.
    Do you have any insight into what score is required to get into IS 119? We lucked out with my daughter getting overall 99 but I just have no insight into what the minimum threshold has been for certain schools.