+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    We got into ACE, happy with the decision. What did you all get into?

We got into 119 with a 98. We are currently in Pre-K at PS 113 and having some second thoughts about moving to 119 due to the further distance and lack of clarity on bus service. Nevertheless, we'll likely accept the offer.

Also, for those looking out of district in the future: our waitlist position for PS 144 (Forest Hills) is in the 70s. Obviously no shot for out of district students at this school, but we were interested and ranked it #1 because it is physically the closest school to us.

Quote Originally Posted by acollado815 View Post
    Congratulations on ACE! Looks like a fantastic school.

We're lucky and got in Q300. Logistics of getting my daughter to and from school will suck but we'll work it out.

My son got into ACE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pchung83 View Post
    Congratulations on ACE! Looks like a fantastic school.

We're lucky and got in Q300. Logistics of getting my daughter to and from school will suck but we'll work it out.
    Congrats. Part of me was happy I did not have to figure out those logistics. I just confirmed with ACE that they have a bus stop less than 10 mins walking from my house which makes both my Wife and me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by clam151543 View Post
    My son got into ACE as well.
    Look forward to meeting you. We are very happy with the school and the much easier travel planning. We will be going next week to register our daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by EightBall View Post
    We got into 119 with a 98. We are currently in Pre-K at PS 113 and having some second thoughts about moving to 119 due to the further distance and lack of clarity on bus service. Nevertheless, we'll likely accept the offer.

Also, for those looking out of district in the future: our waitlist position for PS 144 (Forest Hills) is in the 70s. Obviously no shot for out of district students at this school, but we were interested and ranked it #1 because it is physically the closest school to us.
    Congrats, they were our second in district choice but a bit harder for travel. I would have been happy with them also.

Look forward to meeting you. We are very happy with the school and the much easier travel planning. We will be going next week to register our daughter.

We are going there this Wed to register. We have several friends that have kids that are in their g&t program and they have nothing but great things to say about it.

question about school bus

Hello, do you know if the kids are separated on the 119 school buses too? (younger grades and upper grades separate). child is starting kindergarten, and I'm concerned about bullying on long bus rides... Thank you.

Hi everyone - new to the thread and the website. Our son got accepted into the PS 153 G&T for Kindergarten and we're trying to decide on sending him to that program vs. his zone school. Overall, zone school is fine (PS 58) and closer to where we live, but concerned as most parents would be that he won't be as challenged. I couldn't find much info on PS 153 G&T here or another website so if anyone has any info or suggest how to research would be appreciated. We did a tour of the school, met with teacher and class seemed fine, but overall school itself was not as impressive. Thank you