+ Reply to Thread

Best district G&T schools in Queens

This is for queens borough only.

Hello everyone. Since we can apply more than the number of district G&T programs in a district, which other G&T schools out of your district have you chosen to apply? If you have researched out of district schools, which ones do you think stand out within Queens borough? Iím from district 28 and looking at 119, 203, 153, 188 in addition to citywide and district 28 G&T prgroams. What about you? Letís discuss. Thanks.

And how do I change my username as I have a weird one.

Hi, I'm from District 30 and will be applying to the 5 programs there. A couple things. PS 217, which is located on Roosevelt Island, is also a District 2 school. If your child goes there, they will get access to District 2 middle schools. PS 150 has an accelerated math curriculum. PS 122 by Ditmars has been the hardest to get into historically out of the 5 but that might change as they no longer guarantee a middle school seat. I know several people whose children are in the G&T kindergarten class at PS 166--they all love the teacher. After the citywides, I'm probably going to list 217 first, then 122, 150, 166 and 85. I know very little about 85 other than it's right by the subway tracks and their K class (at least last year) was in a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.zp.csk85@gmail.com View Post
    This is for queens borough only.

Hello everyone. Since we can apply more than the number of district G&T programs in a district, which other G&T schools out of your district have you chosen to apply? If you have researched out of district schools, which ones do you think stand out within Queens borough? I’m from district 28 and looking at 119, 203, 153, 188 in addition to citywide and district 28 G&T prgroams. What about you? Let’s discuss. Thanks.

And how do I change my username as I have a weird one.
    PS 217 will be a good choice. It gives you more option when it comes to middle schools. You may have a shot as the location is a bit far for some parents, so you may get in through the waiting list (if you are lucky). The other G&T district programs, most likely you will not get in as a 90 (in district) will beat any scores. You probably have better chance with PS 220 and PS 121 in district 28 than any other programs outside of your district in Queens.