+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Busing prices for out of district G&T?

My wife toured an out of district/out of boro G&T program that she loved and we have a solid chance of getting into (not many in the district qualified). Does anyone have an idea of what the cost of a private bus would run? Any reputable companies that people have experience with and we could call?

Quote Originally Posted by acollado815 View Post
    My wife toured an out of district/out of boro G&T program that she loved and we have a solid chance of getting into (not many in the district qualified). Does anyone have an idea of what the cost of a private bus would run? Any reputable companies that people have experience with and we could call?
    Contact the school to get the information for the bus route that runs to your area from that school; it depends on how many kids there are on the route, and other factors. Also consider whether or not you are doing after school, or if a return bus will be needed every day. I know that some of the routes from NEST+m are 3,000-5,000, but you need to find out what your particular route would be.

I would suggest you to look at the school bus option first. If your target school happens to have multiple bus routes, you might be able to find one stop that is easy for you to drop off/pick up. There is a 5 mile radius max from the school point. Talk to your target school transportation manager and look up the bus route together on the school computer. They can open up new stop request if you can find a bus stop close your your borderline

I think some city wide buses are like $3k to $4k per school year. They may not even run a bus for your route if there is not enough people to make it profitable. You probably can expect taking your child to school as the worst case scenario.

Thank you all for the suggestions. This school happens to be out of borough also, and their own routes are not close enough that I wouldn't have to drive my child there. Dropping her off is not much of a problem but picking her up would be. I am going to get and get some pricing information from a couple companies.