+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ps 150?

Ps 150?

Hello PS 150 parents, I would love to hear your thoughts on the school. My dc is registered there for K but we're waiting on G&T results, and I'm wondering what the academics are like.

Also, I heard that on the tour they said they take kids who are ahead on the side for some extra work/help, but then an acquaintance who has a child there said they've never heard of this happening so wondering if anyone else has insight on this.

Thanks!

I haven't heard about extra work for more advanced students, but on the tour the principal said that the G&T math is accelerated by one year. I've also heard that they give a lot of HW. Not sure about the regular K, though. You may have better luck asking in the FB District 30 group.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    Hello PS 150 parents, I would love to hear your thoughts on the school. My dc is registered there for K but we're waiting on G&T results, and I'm wondering what the academics are like.

Also, I heard that on the tour they said they take kids who are ahead on the side for some extra work/help, but then an acquaintance who has a child there said they've never heard of this happening so wondering if anyone else has insight on this.

Thanks!
    academics are rigorous throughout the whole school. It's just the tone at the top that the principal appears to be more serious about academics.

No school has time to take the kids aside for some extra work/help if they are ahead. If so, it maybe just occasionally. Public school doesn't have resources to differentiate too much unless you have an IEP for special education.