+ Reply to Thread

2020 SHSAT Handbook NYC Specialized High Schools + HS Guide

I just did a quick youtube about the new 2020 HS Guide as well as the 2019-2020 SHSAT Handbook with some of my initial thoughts/concerns. It can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TapbhUFKgTw

I'm very familiar with the test questions over the years, and I will follow-up with more thoughts once I get a chance to look at the questions contained in this new handbook.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Follow up thoughts now that I've sat with the 2020 SHSAT handbook for a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6mRDfmMS7s

Questions? HMU!!

(I will still follow up with more thoughts once I go through the Grade 9 questions as well.)
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Are the new guide and handbook available online?

The DOE is real messed up, so Not Yet. It's unclear how many paper copies have even gone out, if any.

I mentioned I'd follow up once I got to look through the Grade 9 questions. Some deets:

* Additional Grade 8 grid-ins found later on in the handbook follow through with math comments made in the videos
    * Grade 9 math questions also follow through with math comment made in the videos, in fact, stronger Not a good thing IMO.
    * I found two errors in the Grade 9 answers. One involved question 8 whereas a formatting problem gets written as a chained inequality which will no doubt confuse folks who don't know how to solve and maybe even some who can. As well, question 13 seems to have a write-o kind of situation.

The 2019-2020 SHSAT handbook is now available online. Go to

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollme...d-high-schools

And click on the "Available in" link next to the "Specialized High Schools Student Handbook" light greyed box/bar towards the end of the page. Any questions feel free to ask!
    Last edited by GregsTutoringNYC; 06-17-2019 at 05:38 PM.