Our newly added stop is the first and the last on the routes it's been placed on, and it makes no sense for it to be where it's placed -- there are clearly better locations for it with saner pick up and drop off times. So I'm trying to figure out how to get the stop moved (within the routes/schedules, not moving the location) and I'm getting lost in bureaucracy. Any bus-experienced parents who can share pointers on how to get this done?

Does anyone know what the requirements are for setting a general education/G&T bus stop? How close must it be to the student's home? How long is allowable for a student to be on a bus (I heard there is a 90 minute max cap)?

I tried to refer to the Chancellor's Regulation A-801 and section 4 within it, and 4.2.7 specifically says only OPT can set new stops, and routes cannot be more than 5 miles long. But OPT is telling me the school sets the routes and the stops for gen ed/G&T and OPT only sets routes for special ed (door to door). The school is telling me it's OPT I need to deal with. So someone's wrong here. But who?