+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks Greg - Yes, i did see this but it doesn't address if a child has a 3+, how that "+" gets factored in. Maybe it doesn't, but I just wanted to clarify.

I'm curious, when you go online (not the school's site if any, but the DOE one), what does it show as your child's score?
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    I'm curious, when you go online (not the school's site if any, but the DOE one), what does it show as your child's score?
    On Myschools.com, my student's class grades are entered simply as one number with no decimal points (i.e. "Math 2018 Grade: 4"). On his school report card he didn't have any decimals either (not sure if that's even an option), but curious what other schools do, and if so, does the Myschools application site round up or down?

Yeah, that's why I asked. I've been out of this loop for a little but I think the + etc is not part of the official score for class grades. Tests should be different.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Quote Originally Posted by GregsTutoringNYC View Post
    Yeah, that's why I asked. I've been out of this loop for a little but I think the + etc is not part of the official score for class grades. Tests should be different.
    Yes, tests scores are reported out two ways on Myschools. The score itself (i.e. 633), as well as the proficiency rating out to two decimal points (i.e. 4.27).

Yes so test scores are shown as raw score #s out to two decimal places. School grades in our myschool site shows “+” where The teacher felt it’s higher than the rounded number but not quite the next grade up.