+ Reply to Thread

Info on unzoned elementary schools?

Is anyone aware of a website or such where I can find a comprehensive list of unzoned schools? Ideally with some data of whether they have actually accepted any out of district students the last few years? Just starting the preparation for K application and would like to collect as much information as possible before evaluating options.

If you go to https://www.schools.nyc.gov/find-a-school and put your address in it'll bring up a filter including for zoned'ness. I *think* if you click for K and unclick zoned it might give you what you're looking for I'm not 100% certain.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

searching for un-zoned

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. Inside Schools used to have a filter for un-zoned (or non-zoned) but I haven't been able to find it.

There are not many. I know the small variety of those schools in my region of Northwest Brooklyn. The most accurate way to find out if they took students from outside of their district or region, you should just call each individual school.
    ask me about brooklyn schools
    joyce szuflita http://www.nycschoolhelp.com/

No luck. Thanks, though.

I'm pretty sure insideschools.org still has unzoned... ok, yes, I just went to their site, dropped down the Elementary School (5-10 years old), clicked Go and the next page had "Unzoned" on the left hand side.
    Passionate tutor of Elementary School subjects specializing in NY state tests, and the specialized high/middle school tests (SHSAT, Hunter, TACHS/CHSEE, BCA, MS 54, Anderson...)

Thanks, I'll check it out. I also picked up the printed guide for K admissions yesterday and it's pretty easy to look it up there. There is a page for each district listing all schools with a black dot next (if zoned) and a white dot (if unzoned). Just in case this is useful for anyone else. A website is probably better if you can then directly click on the link to each school.

Ok. The DOE has (inexplicably) taken down some of the online handbooks so maybe they're back up again now too.