+ Reply to Thread

G&T test for 1st grade entry

Good morning,

I have some questions regarding G&T test. I have 5 years old son, currently enrolled public kindergarten in NY. I registered my son to take G&T in Jan 2020. If anyone can help me, please share your experience for me.

1. My son is currently in kindergarten. He will take a test for 1st grade entry. Which level NNAT and OSALT test is for him? As I search, current preK and Kindergartener will take level A for both NNAT and OSALT. I am looking for prep book for my son. Want to make sure level A is correct test level for him.

2. If level A is correct, does this mean preK and Kindergartener will have the same level of test? Is there any difference between preK and Kindergarten? Can I use the same level of prep book(for prek) for my current kindergarten son?

3. For my son (current kindergartener), does he need to practice to make a bubble for marking answers?
    Or, director in test room will help my son age? Since he is still young, I want to make sure it as well.

Thanks

1. Level A for both.
    2. Yes, same test material as PreK, more correct answers are required for same score as Pre-K.
    3. He will have to fill in circles for answers, and 4-5 kids per instructor, not 1-on-1.

Quote Originally Posted by fididad View Post
    1. Level A for both.
    2. Yes, same test material as PreK, more correct answers are required for same score as Pre-K.
    3. He will have to fill in circles for answers, and 4-5 kids per instructor, not 1-on-1.
    Agree. My daughter had to take it both for K entry and 1st grade, because she didn't make the Citywide lottery the 1st time, and this was her experience as well.

Thanks.
    The kid need to fill the bubble right under the questions? Or need additional bubble sheet?

Thanks.
    The kid need to fill the bubble right under the questions? Or need additional bubble sheet?

Right below the answers (pictures).